NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdriG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:56am
Hello hello! Just wanted to offer greetings and disclose that this is my first writing contest and I'm absolutely petrified (yet excited) haha. Everyone I know is appalled by the fact that my birthday weekend will be spent in feverish writing and self-doubt, as opposed to theoretical overindulgence and celebration. Considering the latter never, ever seems to happen on my birthday? Yeah, I'm good with this. 

Sponsored Links

TammyB View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TammyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by AdriG AdriG wrote:

Hello hello! Just wanted to offer greetings and disclose that this is my first writing contest and I'm absolutely petrified (yet excited) haha. Everyone I know is appalled by the fact that my birthday weekend will be spent in feverish writing and self-doubt, as opposed to theoretical overindulgence and celebration. Considering the latter never, ever seems to happen on my birthday? Yeah, I'm good with this. 

It’s your birthday, do what you want! It’s is your birthday present to yourself. Happy birthday, and good luck!
FF19CH1 A Collector’s Obsession
FF18CH1 BURIED IN LOVE
FF18CH2 DOG-GONE MICROCHIP
WRITE ON!
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:25pm
Stocked up on Coffee and Jellybeans.  Ready to roll. 
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by patsy patsy wrote:

Stocked up on Coffee and Jellybeans.  Ready to roll. 

Scotch and pretzels here. LOL
OKCryptid View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OKCryptid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by AdriG AdriG wrote:

Happy birthday! You're gonna do great!

Edited by OKCryptid - 11 Jul 2019 at 12:50pm
TrishArrowsmith View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrishArrowsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:07pm
This is going to be my first contest. I'm so excited to dive in and start writing.

Cons:
I am not at all familiar with a couple of the genres so I'm giving myself a crash course today and tomorrow.
I have a full work shift on Saturday so I feel like I will be behind right from the beginning.

Pros:
I work well under pressure and it's usually when I produce my best work.
I love writing and I can't wait to see the prompt info.

Wishing you the best of luck fellow writers!
Cosima View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Cosima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:35pm
I'm not doing Flash this time, but wanted to say good luck to all who are entering, especially those for whom it's your first contest here! It's a lot of pressure but so rewarding.
SSC R3: Call of the Void (HM)
SSC R2: Cinna's List (Thriller) (2nd)
SSC R1: Angie (Suspense) (1st)
colettebleau View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colettebleau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 6:36pm
I just received an email about registering today, the last day available to sign up! I don't even have time to be appropriately nervous, insecure and filled with regret about joining. Or buy snacks! :)

See y'all at midnight tomorrow.
Read my Challenge #1 story titled I Guess I Live Here Now
LettucePrime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LettucePrime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:35pm
Oi. I'm new. I've known about the contest for almost a month and a half - even planned to register a *long* time ago. Never actually got around to it until just now. This bodes well. LOL

My only saving grace right now is that I've done flash fiction before. In every other respect I'm a fish in a bathtub and the drain's open. Good luck everyone! Do better than me, please.
charleycheval View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote charleycheval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 1:01am
I’ve taken two years off from Flash but I’m back! Let’s do this!!  Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic