NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 9:28pm
For those who want the practice, just a reminder that Furious Fiction opens again at 5pm AEST this Friday. 500 words, 55 hours, $500 1st place prize money.

Edited by Seacore - 04 Jun 2019 at 9:31pm
SSC R2 H2 -Jetsam
SSC R1 H128 - Truth and Fire
Mumser View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Seacore Seacore wrote:

For those who want the practice, just a reminder that Furious Fiction opens again at 5pm AEST this Friday. 500 words, 55 hours, $500 1st place prize money.

Seacore (and anyone else interested), not sure if you are a Facebook user, but if you join the Write Around the Block Facebook group, we share Furious Fiction stories on there. Good luck this month!

Edited by Mumser - 05 Jun 2019 at 4:21am
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:01am
Originally posted by Mumser Mumser wrote:

Originally posted by Seacore Seacore wrote:

Seacore (and anyone else interested), not sure if you are a Facebook user, but if you join the Write Around the Block Facebook group, we share Furious Fiction stories on there. Good luck this month!

I’ve just joined Write around the block - it’s fab, almost too much fun (like this forum), when I’m meant to be writing multidisciplinary competency frameworks for healthcare workers (yawn!)
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:58am
Incoming! 
SSC R2 H2 -Jetsam
SSC R1 H128 - Truth and Fire
Mumser View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

I haven't signed up yet. But I should.

FF2013 was my first entry, and while I didn't make it past the first round, I got hooked. Not because of the writing (which I admit was a good push to me to get 'er done), but because of the friendships here.
Stephen, you must come! I can’t imagine this contest without you! 
MikeBham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeBham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 6:42am
I'm in.

And this time I have put the dates in my diary the second I hit the Booking confirmation. 

Just 'cos it might be nice to actually have the allocated time available and not booked up with work, family commitments, church commitments, driving etc etc!

Although...what will I use as an excuse for my terrible writing? Hmm, may need to think about this...
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 12:22pm
According to my calendar we have Furious Fiction next weekend and Flash the weekend after that.  I am SO ready to rumble right now.

Match on the 13th, but that just gives me something else to do while the plot thickens.
This sig intentionally blank
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

According to my calendar we have Furious Fiction next weekend and Flash the weekend after that.  I am SO ready to rumble right now.

Match on the 13th, but that just gives me something else to do while the plot thickens.

Thing is, Furious Fiction is only 500 words - might finish Flash in half the time and be wondering what do with those flabby extra 500 words that NYC have gifted us :-D
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 9:37pm
I am only going to have 18 hours to do my story as I have other commitments that popped up unexpectedly - will prob be my best scoring story ever, haha.

anomalie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anomalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 5:00pm
In and can't wait.  See you all there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>