NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crumhorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flash Results
    Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:47pm
Happy results day everyone! Squeaked in the last possible HM spot myself. Nice to see my name in the list, even if I won't be writing! Good luck to all in the prize round.
FF22R1: Stories

SS22R3: Mystery
kristina_f View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:54pm
HM as well, which is what I think my story deserves. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anywhere near as strong as my story from the previous challenge. I'm inconsistent like that. It was a fun ride, but I don't think I'll be back until MF100 at the earliest, or I may just do Flash and MF 250 next year.

Congrats to everyone going through. And to everyone in the same boat at me, let's thoroughly enjoy not pulling our hair out over what to do with the prompts (even if that's the very thing we signed on for).
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:54pm
An HM, which is kind of more annoying. Tired of not making finals.
ZoeLou View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZoeLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:57pm
Congrats to everyone who placed! I’m out with an HM, which is fair but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed. I have a clear schedule this weekend so I’m tempted to have a look at the prompts anyway and throw something together for forum feedback at least ;)
SSC R1: The Many Faces of Gemini

All my NYCM work: Author Archive
Avalon23 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avalon23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:58pm
I totally don't have the bandwidth to write a story this weekend, so I'm not mad that I didn't advance.

But I have to admit, it would have been nice to at least have had an honorable mention.

Oh, well -- I had a good experience with the writing.

Congrats to all who placed, and good luck for those advancing!
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 10:01pm
Congrats to this weekend’s writers and HMs! I saw a lot of my favorite stories on the lists, which made me happy, even if I’m bummed not to be there too.
NERdling View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NERdling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 10:03pm
HM3 for me, which I am more than pleased with. I struggled with Sci-Fi this round so turned it into a bit of a Rom-Com and placed 6th in the group. Struggled with Rom-Com in R3 of the short story last year so I turned it into a bit of Sci-Fi and got 6th in that group as well.  At least I'm consistent. 

Maybe I'll have some luck in MF250. Good luck to all this weekend! 
Evelynwhy1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evelynwhy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 10:04pm
I got first place in my group. Historical fiction/a datebook/a wagon. I literally thought I would be DQ'd. 
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 10:13pm
Damn, a lot of HM here. 
I would really be happy getting one if I were all you, lot of good writers in the 
mix. Congrats!
Nice one Evelynwhy1

Edited by Suave - 08 Dec 2021 at 10:13pm
dashesndots2 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashesndots2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 10:15pm
Well I placed 2nd in my group, so I'm taking my first trip to the Flash finals. After a disappointing showing in Short Story earlier this year, this definitely makes up for it. 

Congrats to all who got through and the HMs!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>