NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash Fiction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 1:45pm
I've signed up and ticking off the days already.  And wow - the Judges have been announced too!  Great to see Londongirl's story up there to inspire us too. 

Looking forward to working with/reading all your work again this year, old names and new ones. 
No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

Vsaichek View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vsaichek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 5:21pm
HI! I'm still finding my way around here - where do I find the list of posted judges, as well as Londongirls story? 

THANKS~!
Round 2, Group 13

[URL]   http://wp.me/p3WZAN-1x

You left, another came. Another who was exactly like you. Well, not exactly, but close enough.
LaurieOCS View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LaurieOCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 5:58pm
Hi Vsaichek,

Don't feel bad - many of us are new to this whole thing!  londongirl's story is on page two of these posts, a few posts down.  There's a link in her message.  To see the judges, go back to the top of the page and click on the graphic, then on the link to flash fiction, and then on "judges."

Looking forward to a fun challenge!

maiaco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 4:05pm
Oh heck, how rude of me to not give the links I had spotted.

Here's the link to londongirl's winning story

http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/FFC/Stories/WithoutParallel.htm

And here's the link to this year's judges

http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/FFC/Judges.htm

Sorry I didn't put them in earlier. 
No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 9:46pm
A few more days till we start!  I'm ready to go!
iSheila View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSheila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 5:49am
In, too! Third Challenge, first time Flash Fiction. Never made it to round two, who knows what'll happen now? I wish they'd start a week before NaNo though - have been looking forward to doing that again for months :-)
FF13 Gr14 Ch2 Crime Caper
Such a damn ugly thing Feedback welcome :)
iSheila View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSheila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 5:55am
PS Really liked Londongirl's story!
FF13 Gr14 Ch2 Crime Caper
Such a damn ugly thing Feedback welcome :)
The Red Lion View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Red Lion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 3:26pm
I've been counting down the days as well! This year's goal is to avoid falling flat on my face with the 2nd story like I usually do... Ouch

Also just signed up for NaNo. Heard a lot about it, but never participated before!

Edited by The Red Lion - 04 Sep 2013 at 3:51pm
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 1:31am

Ugh ... not happy memories of the last flash ... a political satire about guns and a mop, I think, and then two romamtic comedies in a row about food and emergencies ... GUN DERANGED, A SONIC ROMANCE and THE GIRL SCOUT'S MUFFIN ... which was deemed to be slightly smutty, but I think that was all in the minds of the beholders.  Still, three rounds ...

I did get an email today that said I was one of five short comedy screenplays in the Official Selection in a short film festival in NYC ... Brownfish.  To have a staged reading by professional New York Actors.  One of the members here has something to do with it.  It was my final round screenplay last year ... MY BLUE HEAVEN ... Horror/electrician/storm ... (I think) ... Of course, it is an honour just to be nominated, though it did have a fee just like here. 

I would do naughty things for someone from NY to film the reading for me on their phone.  I can get you a free pass as a finalist.  It's at an improv theatre called THE PIT on 24th street, I think ...

Edited by Scarlet Screenwriter - 08 Sep 2013 at 6:54am
They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 1:35pm
Congrats Scarlet!  Good for you!!  Yes, your muffin story was a bit naughty, but it was fun Wink

Red Lion- you'll enjoy Nano, it's great crazy fun!  What's your user name on the site?

iShelia, glad to see another Nano nut!  What's your Nano user name?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>