NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Everything Else
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash Fiction Summer Battle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 51 minutes ago at 8:47pm
Originally posted by bluevervain bluevervain wrote:

Originally posted by maxbjork maxbjork wrote:

Hey Max, what happens if we don't manage to submit anything? Do we still get to judge other submissions, or are we just out? 

Hi, sorry just seeing this now. I keep forgetting about this thread because NYCM tucked it away in the dark Everything Else place :( haha

Unfortunately, if you don't have a story in the battle, then you aren't assigned duels. You should try to submit something! You don't have to share it in the Debrief Forums after if you're not proud of it, and the feedback might still be helpful (regardless of how proud you are of the work).

Thanks, Max! I was ready to call it quits but I managed to submit something anyway. I think my process for writing contests just goes: 

Get prompts
Get idea
Procrastinate
Start writing
Despair
Seriously consider quitting (the contest and writing in general)
Snack
Just write the damn thing

Looking forward to the duels!

LOL Snacks make everything better! The key has always been snacks. Haha love this list by the way. You should write a blog about the steps for the despair of writing. I think it would do well :)
pondsandfrogs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondsandfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 minutes ago at 12:14am

Originally posted by maxbjork maxbjork wrote:

Hey Max, what happens if we don't manage to submit anything? Do we still get to judge other submissions, or are we just out? 

Hi, sorry just seeing this now. I keep forgetting about this thread because NYCM tucked it away in the dark Everything Else place :( haha

Unfortunately, if you don't have a story in the battle, then you aren't assigned duels. You should try to submit something! You don't have to share it in the Debrief Forums after if you're not proud of it, and the feedback might still be helpful (regardless of how proud you are of the work).

Thanks, Max! I was ready to call it quits but I managed to submit something anyway. I think my process for writing contests just goes: 

Get prompts
Get idea
Procrastinate
Start writing
Despair
Seriously consider quitting (the contest and writing in general)
Snack
Just write the damn thing

Looking forward to the duels!

You usually write a pretty damn good thing every time, so I'm glad to see you ended up submitting something for this Writing Battles! :)
-EJ
Screenwriting R1: "The Upward Mobility of Villainy" (Crime Caper)
All my NYCM entries :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic