NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash Fiction results...when?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flash Fiction results...when?
    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:23am
Next round starts this Friday and I refuse to jinx myself by blocking anything in my calendar, but...when are we expecting the results of C2? Tomorrow? 

Edited by jhenn - 26 Oct 2021 at 9:24am
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:45am
Yes, tomorrow evening (or, more often, Thursday morning for us in the UK). Unless it's delayed 24 hours again, of course...
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:54am
they are most often late on the first challenge because there are so many entrants. But by this second challenge, a lot of people have dropped out. I hate that for them because there is still a lot they could get out of this contest even if they won’t ultimately be the winner, but it is what it is.  Also, a lot of people found that the second challenge didn’t fit in their schedule, so they dropped out. 

The point is that while NYC might be late with the results and certainly has been late before, they have also been EARLY with the results for this challenge. Don’t get your hopes up, but it could happen. 

jhenn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:56am
Originally posted by sootfoot5 sootfoot5 wrote:

they are most often late on the first challenge because there are so many entrants. But by this second challenge, a lot of people have dropped out. I hate that for them because there is still a lot they could get out of this contest even if they won’t ultimately be the winner, but it is what it is.  Also, a lot of people found that the second challenge didn’t fit in their schedule, so they dropped out. 

The point is that while NYC might be late with the results and certainly has been late before, they have also been EARLY with the results for this challenge. Don’t get your hopes up, but it could happen. 

Dang it. Now my hopes are UP! Ugh... worse than Christmas eve. 
(It's really the feedback that is the gift, though of course I'd love to make it through!)
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 10:23am
Originally posted by jhenn jhenn wrote:

Dang it. Now my hopes are UP! Ugh... worse than Christmas eve. 
(It's really the feedback that is the gift, though of course I'd love to make it through!)
[/QUOTE]

I'm SORRY!
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:13pm
Aaaargh, guys, I usually don't get my hopes up much, and so placements are a delightful surprise, but I really, really like my story this time. I recognize it's not really anything special, but I really just like it. I enjoy rereading it. I have some really fascinating and great competition in my group, but I am going to be a little heartbroken if the judges don't validate my baby.

I've also been tied up in the 250 the last week or two so much that I haven't had a chance to go back and remember what my favorites were in the other groups, I need to do that tonight.
GaleGirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaleGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by LadyArkham LadyArkham wrote:

I've also been tied up in the 250 the last week or two so much that I haven't had a chance to go back and remember what my favorites were in the other groups, I need to do that tonight.

Well, I think that is the key. Have a healthy distraction. I do not at the moment and am on tenterhooks though I only got 6 pts in the last round so it would have to be a miracle to move on.
Dark&StormyNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:40pm
Can’t get my hopes up, only got a few points in Round 1 and could very well get my first DQ in R2. Still curious about the feedback and will be constantly refreshing my email tomorrow afternoon.  Good luck all!
EMeadows View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 10:42pm
Getting excited about the FF R1 Ch2 results here too. Only about 24 hours left to wait (and maybe 18 until I start obsessively refreshing). I really like this particular challenge because everyone has an opportunity to write twice. Really fun format. Good luck to everyone! 
kristina_f View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 11:04pm
I was feeling a bit burned out last round of flash. When the deadline for entering the 250 was closing, I didn't feel up to it even though it's my favourite of the NYCM formats. 

But now that we're on the verge of getting results, I'll admit I'd be disappointed not to go through. That said, I've done all I can do, and I can't begrudge anyone else in the group if they move on and I don't. There were some solid entries from what I read.

Best of luck to everyone. At a minimum, I hope the judges do justice to your piece and their feedback makes sense. 
FFC2 GR68: the astronomer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>