NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash Fiction results in 5 days...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:50pm
I am no longer hopeful. I can list so many things I would change (and will) about my story..  Not expecting big things tonight.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Reasonably_Crazy Reasonably_Crazy wrote:

Ah, the thrilling anxiety...

I had my email up on my second monitor but I couldn't see my inbox without turning my head so I put my main monitor on split screen... and I turned on notifications for NYC Midnight's tweets just in case they tweet about it before I get the email.

Every time my phone buzzes I panic.

Same with the buzzing phone. Heart palpitations 
Reasonably_Crazy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reasonably_Crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Frefallr Frefallr wrote:

I am no longer hopeful. I can list so many things I would change (and will) about my story..  Not expecting big things tonight.

Are you kidding, Frefallr?! When I read yours I thought mine didn't have a chance! It was so good! 
Frefallr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:01pm

Are you kidding, Frefallr?! When I read yours I thought mine didn't have a chance! It was so good! 
No, really?!!I loved yours. I loved a bunch of them. It was a real revelation seeing how many creative ways everyone used the location. It was inspiring and a bit intimidating. Can't think about it anymore (though I stand by my prediction). I'm hitting Netflix for the next hour.

Edited by Frefallr - 14 Jan 2021 at 11:02pm
Reasonably_Crazy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reasonably_Crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:05pm

No, really?!!I loved yours. I loved a bunch of them. It was a real revelation seeing how many creative ways everyone used the location. It was inspiring and a bit intimidating. Can't think about it anymore (though I stand by my prediction). I'm hitting Netflix for the next hour.
I am being 100% sincere when I say yours was one of my absolute favorites- which is saying something, as every story I read is really good. (I'm so glad I'm not a judge!) So even if your prediction comes true, know at least I would have put your story in the top 10 for sure.

I'm been trying to plan tomorrow's lesson for two hours now- so hard to focus. Netflix sounds like a good idea!
claviercat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claviercat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:08pm
I might die from waiting!!!
Please read my Challenge #3 story: https://forums.nycmidnight.com/ch-3-gr-12-honeymoon-at-the-end-of-the-earth_topic30718.html
Frefallr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:08pm

I am being 100% sincere when I say yours was one of my absolute favorites- which is saying something, as every story I read is really good. (I'm so glad I'm not a judge!) So even if your prediction comes true, know at least I would have put your story in the top 10 for sure.

I'm been trying to plan tomorrow's lesson for two hours now- so hard to focus. Netflix sounds like a good idea!
That means a lot. Thank you!!!! And that is also 100% sincere. Ok -If you want something smart and snarky, there's Pretend it's a City, Fran Leibowitz chats with Scorsese. And you won't suddenly discover that your mind is elsewhere and you've missed some major plot point. No plot points. Just nice quips and I love NY, so....
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:47pm
Congrats to all the winners and HMS from the group! Lots of great stories recognized! Woohoo to Tim for taking second place, too!

Ch1 Gr104 Micro
The Saviour-1st
Flash Finals
The Beauty Sleep Spa

Frefallr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:56pm
Congrats to all! Thrilling to see the results and love having read the stories and cheered them on!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic