NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash Fiction results in 5 days...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by catnamedeaster catnamedeaster wrote:

I'm in the 250 but not the Flash final, however I think I'm more excited for the Flash results than the 250.

That's cool! Gotta say the final stories are so impressive and so different. I have no idea what will win or place because it's such an impressive group. I can think easily of ten off the top of my head that are worthy. And the location was a bitch. This is my first time doing these, and I'm glad I didn't have any clue how great the competition was going to be. Looking back on my first story, if I had known the caliber of writer, I might have been simply unable to actually write or submit...
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Frefallr Frefallr wrote:

I'm in the 250 but not the Flash final, however I think I'm more excited for the Flash results than the 250.

That's cool! Gotta say the final stories are so impressive and so different. I have no idea what will win or place because it's such an impressive group. I can think easily of ten off the top of my head that are worthy. And the location was a bitch. This is my first time doing these, and I'm glad I didn't have any clue how great the competition was going to be. Looking back on my first story, if I had known the caliber of writer, I might have been simply unable to actually write or submit...

So many top 10 worthy! ...and those are only the ones we saw! I think roughly half put something up on the forum, but then you've got all those other writers who sweated it out with the rest of us but didn't post. Which heightens the anxiety further. So many good pieces *here* and so many others *not here* - likely to be incredible, too.  

{{shudder}} 

We all have a 1 in 75 chance (or maybe slightly better odds if someone bailed). I'm still liking Schroedinger's Contest at this point. The alternate pocket of time, now, where we've all simultaneously won.

And 100% with you on the dream prompt. My brain hurt, for days, after I submitted. I always have that moment where I submit and go, 'wow, that wasn't half bad.' And then I read what others have posted and have that 'oh god what did I do,' moment. It's part of the torture that especially comes with a final round.
catnamedeaster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnamedeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:13pm

This year's Flash was my first time entering the NYC Midnight challenge. I'm in the 3rd round of the Short Screenplay, and we'll find out where tonight in the 250. I've also entered the Short Story. 

The more stories I read posted here in the forums, the more inspired I am to enter every competition. It's daunting to experience the talent of the finalists, but only makes me push myself to be among them. I'm so happy I discovered this competition. 
Dark&StormyNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:48pm
Didn’t make it to the finals but still anxious to see the results.  I would think they’d come out before the R1 250.  Milking both announcements!
Frefallr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:48pm

This year's Flash was my first time entering the NYC Midnight challenge. I'm in the 3rd round of the Short Screenplay, and we'll find out where tonight in the 250. I've also entered the Short Story. 

The more stories I read posted here in the forums, the more inspired I am to enter every competition. It's daunting to experience the talent of the finalists, but only makes me push myself to be among them. I'm so happy I discovered this competition. 
My first too! Entered this, the 250 and the screenplay, which for me was the most challenging simply because it seems to require very different tools. I learned a ton, especially in Beta on the screenplay thing, and though both efforts got points, I did not make the next round. And I am so relieved!!! I just don't think I could have done it. I really needed a break before the short story one.
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:04am
Oh my god I'm literally dying with impatience haha. Good luck to you all! We're SO close <3 Just seconds or minutes away now
Nbelousova View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nbelousova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:05am
Isn’t it tomorrow night?
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:05am
Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

Oh my god I'm literally dying with impatience haha. Good luck to you all! We're SO close <3 Just seconds or minutes away now

Taylor - tonight was Microfiction results... we have another 24 hours (just under) for Flash. :(  So... another day of torturous waiting, I'm afraid. Cry
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:07am
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

Taylor - tonight was Microfiction results... we have another 24 hours (just under) for Flash. :(  So... another day of torturous waiting, I'm afraid. Cry

OH MY HEART. Okay someone else in the final with me told me something completely wrong. Thank you for saving me from sitting around waiting! xD
Dark&StormyNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:08am
Wow, I thought it was tonight too.  Oops Pinch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic