NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash Fiction results are out!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bennettfiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:33am
Keep going! I didn't place the first couple times I tried one of these contests, but it's such a thrill when you finally do. Maybe try the short story contest next week and hopefully you'll get a genre that suits you better.
Bennett Phillips
FF CH1 Gr95 The Carrot and the Hare
FF CH2 Gr95 Nothing to See Here
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by bennettfiction bennettfiction wrote:

I was overjoyed to place 5th in my group (group #2) and then even more excited to see that my wife (on her first time with NYCM or any creative writing endeavor really) placed 2nd in group #20!
My story is here (it's adult humor so be warned) - https://www.bennettwriter.com/stories/stuck-inside-nsfw

Do you mean for the Microfiction round 1 competition? Tim G came in second in the Flash Fiction comp and I happen to know he is not your wife lol. 
Screenplay R1 Autocorrect
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
bennettfiction View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bennettfiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by northernwriter northernwriter wrote:

I was overjoyed to place 5th in my group (group #2) and then even more excited to see that my wife (on her first time with NYCM or any creative writing endeavor really) placed 2nd in group #20!
My story is here (it's adult humor so be warned) - https://www.bennettwriter.com/stories/stuck-inside-nsfw

Do you mean for the Microfiction round 1 competition? Tim G came in second in the Flash Fiction comp and I happen to know he is not your wife lol. 

Haha no, not for the whole thing. She placed second for round 1 in group number 20: http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/MFC/250/1stRound2020_Results.htm
Bennett Phillips
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:53pm

Haha no, not for the whole thing. She placed second for round 1 in group number 20: http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/MFC/250/1stRound2020_Results.htm

Okay so for the NYCM Microfiction Competition Round 1. Congratulations! This thread was for the NYCM Flash Fiction Competition which was a different 1000 word comp. But congratulations to both of you!
Screenplay R1 Autocorrect
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
bennettfiction View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bennettfiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:56pm

Okay so for the NYCM Microfiction Competition Round 1. Congratulations! This thread was for the NYCM Flash Fiction Competition which was a different 1000 word comp. But congratulations to both of you!

D'oh! Thanks for pointing that out. This forum is so confusing to navigate!

Bennett Phillips
tiptreejen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptreejen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:18pm
As a newbie here, I didn't realise there were HM's so I was chuffed to bits to get one. But being in the top 75 was already one of my highlights for 2020/21. It's been such a buzz to create 4 stories under such tight deadlines and I'm excited to edit, and then find some homes for them.

Thank you to everyone who's read/critiqued and commented - it is hugely appreciated. I've loved reading and learning from other people's stories and I'm looking forward to the Short Story comp (although I'm moving house and doing a play that week, and my normal beta reader/husband is under the impression I'm not doing it 'because we have a lot to get sorted next week' (shhh, don't tell him!), so there's a chance I may have bitten off more than I can chew!!).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic