NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first time paralysis = didn't submit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beachlion12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 5:33am
Amazing feedback. Thx so much. I'm hooked!
Beachlion12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beachlion12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 5:36am
So appreciative of your feedback! Good luck to you, and thank you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beachlion12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 5:39am
Thank you! Will revise with all the suggestions for the exercise of it. You guys are so cool!!!
bmoflow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmoflow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 5:49am
I agree with laritybug, good visualization/detail but too much unnecessary words stuffed in there. Seems a little cheesy too, but that's just me.

In terms of not submitting, that happened to me during the last short fiction contest. I got too into my own head to write a final draft, let alone submit something. The more I write the more I think about how it doesn't matter if the one you submit isn't your best, as long as you are getting better. Best of luck for next time!
Billy Morley
www.allpintsconsidered.com
eaintree View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaintree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Beachlion12 Beachlion12 wrote:

Thank you! Will revise with all the suggestions for the exercise of it. You guys are so cool!!!

Btw, if you're replying to specific people you can use the quote feature, like this, so everyone can see the conversational thread.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beachlion12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by eaintree eaintree wrote:

Btw, if you're replying to specific people you can use the quote feature, like this, so everyone can see the conversational thread.

Like this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beachlion12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:58am
Originally posted by bmoflow bmoflow wrote:

I agree with laritybug, good visualization/detail but too much unnecessary words stuffed in there. Seems a little cheesy too, but that's just me.

In terms of not submitting, that happened to me during the last short fiction contest. I got too into my own head to write a final draft, let alone submit something. The more I write the more I think about how it doesn't matter if the one you submit isn't your best, as long as you are getting better. Best of luck for next time!

Thank you. I'm realizing the same thing now as I receive all of the feedback here. How else can I get better if I don't submit and ride this writing wave????
eaintree View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaintree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 4:01pm

Originally posted by eaintree eaintree wrote:

Like this?

Yessir (or ma'am)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic