NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Final Round - Titles/Loglines (Genre?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Janetinputney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 8:34am
mine is fairy tale (what was I thinking?!?). (taking the prompts too literally I know)

The Hermit’s Gift
In a faraway land, an old mountain Hermit delivers an unwanted gift to a princess. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 8:59am
I went pretty straight with the prompts on this one but after reading some of these awesome loglines I wish I had gone a bit wilder.

Good luck everyone, looking forward to reading them.

The Last Kiss
A reclusive artist recollects life and love with his wife.

SC 2018: R3 (Final) The Last Kiss
GregSisco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GregSisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:03am
I'm another person who went with sentimental drama, maybe with the faintest dash of fantasy. It's also the first time I've done a script with no dialogue, so that was a fun challenge to myself.

For the Lonely
A widowed craftsman and a shy woman share an unspoken connection over a handmade snow globe.
dias View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:12am
Originally posted by GregSisco GregSisco wrote:

It's also the first time I've done a script with no dialogue

Same here! Looking forward to reading yours :)
All my stories are here!
GregSisco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregSisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:16am
Originally posted by dias dias wrote:

It's also the first time I've done a script with no dialogue

Same here! Looking forward to reading yours :)

Ha! And both of us did sentimental dramas with some fantasy elements. That's cool. I look forward to reading yours too.
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by JeffreyHowe JeffreyHowe wrote:

I went with straight-up sentimental drama. Nothing surreal, no sci-fi elements... it's so very strange. Big smile

Bottled Up

A solitary master distiller discovers an unlikely kindred spirit when a young glassblower moves in next door.

I *almost* went with a moonshiner for mine. Glad I didn't! Love that yours has the double homemade items. Look forward to reading this.
Craig Gustafson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craig Gustafson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 10:32am
Mine ended up being comedy/suspense.

Brats
A small town shop owner must prevent her lunkheaded husband from murdering a political opponent. 
The problem: her lunkheaded husband is the mayor.
SC2018 R2, H2 – Mystery/Graffiti/A fisherman Thicker Than Water
SC2018 R1, H5 – Bacon Grabbers
Hillebke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillebke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 10:37am
This was my first writing competition of any kind. It was fun! I was group 51/rom-com/airport smoking lounge/a bandana

Link is in my signature 
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 10:54am

I'm another person who went with sentimental drama, maybe with the faintest dash of fantasy. It's also the first time I've done a script with no dialogue, so that was a fun challenge to myself.

For the Lonely
A widowed craftsman and a shy woman share an unspoken connection over a handmade snow globe.

This one sounds lovely!
Rhyming R1: Lionheart (Hist fic)
wes_i_guess View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wes_i_guess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 10:56am
No One Can Hear You 

I forgot what I wrote as a tag line but one man stranded in a space pod orbiting earth is struggling to make contact with a homemade radio.
SC 2019 R1: Fair
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>