NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Final Round 4: Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiBoMex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:42am
Okay. I came in decided to write a horror script since it falls right in my comfort zone, but after thinking of all the possible options, nothing interesting came. I switched to drama, thriller. Zero. Zilch. Nada. All Saturday passed and I had nothing. It didn't help that I was busy all weekend long working on another project (a horror short of mine is in the process of being brought to the big screen (or small screen if watching on your phone)) so my mind was racing all over the place.

And then, there it was, an idea so out of my comfort zone it blew my mind. Finished it in less than two hours (plus another hour for a review later that night). Not expecting to get anywhere with it, but at least I had a blast writing it.

REASSEMBLE MY HEART

A security guard in a sandwich factory searches the floor
for the anonymous writer of a love letter.

Yep. It's a Rom-Com. But not just any Rom-Com... it's a Bollywood Musical Rom-Com. Queue music.
SC2021 R1G67
SC2021 R2G12
efish View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 1:11am
I found 'open' genre bloody awkward, perhaps because being told what genre you must write focusses the mind. I had nothing until late Sunday, then I vomited out a horror.

Play Time
When you're teased, bullied and abused, it helps to have friends in dark places.

Meh.
R4 SSP Play Time
R3SSP
Lovebirds
trish1206 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trish1206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 1:09pm
Anyone know when results are due?

I chose 'drama' for my genre.  My final title and logline:

HERO TO HER

Even the most heart-breaking secret doesn't stop a man from providing for his sick little girl.

Edited by trish1206 - 08 Mar 2021 at 1:11pm
3rd Place Finalist FF2013
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic