NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Final Draft 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheezopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:53am
dropping out competition twice because you exported a dud pdf that FD would do correctly without even thinking would already have cost you more than the licence
Sponsored Links

Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:13am
Originally posted by cheezopath cheezopath wrote:

dropping out competition twice because you exported a dud pdf that FD would do correctly without even thinking would already have cost you more than the licence

There you go bringing economics into it.

The time you spend trying to get a tool ill suited to the job working correctly pays for the license as well [1].

[1]: At re:Invent last year I found myself in a moderately long line for a 'free' adult beverage.  Someone noted the length of the line, and the likely income of the persons forming it given where we were and what we do for a living.  A quick Fermi calculation yielded a combined annual income in excess of $2M*, all waiting for a free beverage costing $2.

* She Who Must Be Obeyed thinks re:Invent would be the perfect place for her college-mates (all female) given there are 40,000 mostly male, many single, socially inept IT guys who probably make a decent living.
2018 Kurtz Screenplay R2: Преступник
cheezopath View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheezopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:28pm
should have asked one of the guys near the front to give you their drink! power move
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by cheezopath cheezopath wrote:

should have asked one of the guys near the front to give you their drink! power move

SWMBO is that smart, I'm not.  Several years ago I took her to the Re:Play party.  The music was louder than flight operations on an aircraft carrier (I know these things) and the lines for food were as epic as the music was loud.  A huge gap formed in one of the lines as someone took too long to decide which slice of pizza they wanted; she jumped in and got what she wanted from the next table while the other 300 people waited patiently.

Sometimes it's good to be married to someone who sees the world differently.
2018 Kurtz Screenplay R2: Преступник
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic