NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFC2 Post Submission Bar!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 7:38pm
Finished rough draft last night and submitted early this afternoon, refuse to look at it now! LOL

Orange cream soda.

Cheers!
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 7:38pm
Last submission, I promise, to catch two typographical errors.

I am done.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

FireHorse View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 7:48pm
Submitted!

I would say gin and tonic, but it's Monday morning here and apparently I am meant to get some work done today.

I actually think the Australia timeline works quite well for this competition.
Prompts arrive early afternoon Saturday. I spend Saturday thinking about plot and researching and throwing ideas around. And throwing ideas out.
Sunday is serious writing after a night sleeping on it. Hopefully hammer out a first draft by ealy afternoon and submit it off to some betas. Then go and do something else.
Then edits, amends and submission either Sunday evening or Monday morning. No, realistically, Monday morning, because even if I'm happy Sudnay night I still want to sleep on it.

But psychologically I think I have to finish by the end of the weekend, which is not actually true. It just helps.

And oh my goodness a toast to my betas! Last year was my first time and I didn't know about betas. This year they have helped me so much. I love the whole camaraderie and support.
Competition? Pah. Community? YES!
AlexSammich View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexSammich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 7:56pm
Got my first Mystery (after my first FF top 15!).

This has been a day of coffee of all sorts. Time for a ... more relaxing? ... Earl Grey.

Honestly, I only had a few hours to really work on it this weekend. All today. Various friends offered various ideas, and I kinda mashed 'em all up!

SS Ch1 2024: WING TEAM
MF250 Ch1 2023: A Ghost of Christmas Scratch
Seven View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 7:56pm
I submitted early, always a win for this adrenaline junkie who gets high on procrastination.

Leaving it as it stands since I reached that point where I’m getting contradictory word counts.  985, 995, 999….went with the 999, and called it a day.

I think I’ve earned a chilled bottle of mocha frap, calories be damned!
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:01pm
Still laughing at the ridiculousness of what I wrote. I'm sure it'll get DQ'd but I wrote this one for all the NYCM veterans and I have no regrets. It will definitely appear on the forums.
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

So glad I finished and submitted early because I just captured a venomous copperhead snake in my yard and now I have to figure out what to do about that.

Look for a snake or herpetological rescue near you. They typically have a venomous team that will come relocate the beastie for you.
surnica View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surnica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:09pm
Submitted! Ended up turning my horror/oil tanker/guardrail prompt into some horror-historical fiction-sci fi-thriller mash up.  LOL
brianosull View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianosull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:10pm
I went to bed Friday night thinking that my prompt was drama-jewelry shop-ketchup packet, which seemed pretty easy. Drama is broad and gives a lot of flexiibility. But I double-checked in the morning and realized I'd been looking at the assignment for another person with my last name, and that my actual assignment was spy-fish market-can opener!

For me, that seemed a lot harder. Spy plots usually seem so intricate, and I'd usually rather play around with character and language instead of putting tons of energy into plot. But then I had an idea that played into some of my interests (like historical fiction set in Ireland), and I think it worked out.
argrenier View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argrenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:11pm
Submitted. Written in an hour, revised in another hour, and then submitted with enough time to get back to reading before bedtime.

SOMEDAY I will be able to write without procrastinating until fairly close to the dealdine. Today is not that day.

*sips her hard kombucha*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>