NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFC2 Post Submission Bar!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:24pm
This was the earliest I've ever finished - finished this morning - was psyched to finally participate in beta reading. I've made some tweaks and resubmitted twice. Really, just just happy to get a break from political satire! Had sci fi and I kinda like my story enough to try and submit it places after forum feedback. Cheers and good luck, all!

bluevervain View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluevervain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:46pm
Submitted! I haven't managed to submit this early in quite a while, so it feels a little weird, but I'll go with it! It's not even 3:00 yet where I live, so I'll hold off on the celebration wine for a couple of hours. And I'll probably end up tweaking my story and resubmitting a few times before the deadline, because I can't help myself. But hooray for being probably, mostly done! Congrats, everyone!
TaraS3 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TaraS3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:49pm
When I got poli-sat for the first round I almost just walked away, but ended up placing 5th.  And then I got spy, which I didn't even know was a category, this round.  And I almost walked away.  But I've got 11 points, so I had to do it. I did a little reading on the forums to see what exactly spy entailed, and then I did it.  And I ended up with a really decent spy story.  I feel good about it.  Cheers!

Edited by TaraS3 - 12 Sep 2021 at 5:49pm
Micro 2021 Done
Alani614 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alani614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:50pm
Done! 

Group 108, crime caper, auction house and an anchor... 

Definitely not comfortable with crime caper at all, but I managed to get something in so fingers crossed! Although with a 12th place finish in the first round I've got some making up to do.

Well done everyone! Looking forward to reading some stories in the coming days :) 
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 6:34pm
Would take margaritas (salted rim please). Had a fantastic one last week in NYC at Cafe Habana, and I want to go back now to drown my angst.

Sci-fi this time. I never do well with sci-fi. BUT HEY I never do well with any of the prompts. Ever see my name in the second or third rounds? Still, I persevere.
SSPC 2021 C2G30 ICE CAPADES
FFC 2021 C2G111 Cuckoo’s Nest
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 6:46pm
So glad I finished and submitted early because I just captured a venomous copperhead snake in my yard and now I have to figure out what to do about that.
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

So glad I finished and submitted early because I just captured a venomous copperhead snake in my yard and now I have to figure out what to do about that.

Yikes! 

Draiglas View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 7:02pm
Done! I refuse to look at it again!

When is an audience a location? When NYC Midnight decides it is! I've no idea if I hit the prompt or not but most of my beta readers seemed to think I just about got there. Is it a thriller? Who knows. Never done one before. Looking forward to how everyone else in my group interpreted the location and gleefully looking forward to seeing the pain of those who get to R3 if NYCM continues to be creative with these prompts.

Congrats to everyone who's submitted and good luck to those still going!

PS. @BarbaraFL - no idea what to do about your snake but may I recommend not eating it, or inviting it out for drinks at your local?

Edited by Draiglas - 12 Sep 2021 at 7:05pm
amlewi08 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlewi08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 7:03pm
Finished, probably!  Should also probably send it off for beta, but idk if I have the mental fortitude to do any rewriting tonight.  I do, however, have the mental fortitude to make some tea.  Bring on the Lapsang Souchong!  
AubreyZahn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AubreyZahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 7:27pm
Submitted! Ugh, that was a whirlwind. I'm glad I scrapped my whole story a couple hours ago; I like the new one much better (although it's still not one of my favorites). Congrats to everyone who's submitted their stories.

I'm enjoying a Nineteen Crimes red blend and some fried tofu curry. Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic