NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFC2 Post Submission Bar!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FFC2 Post Submission Bar!
    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:41pm

Hey! Congratulations! You did it! Pull up a chair, pour yourself a beverage of your choice, and tell us how your feeling!

Got a pot of Tieguanyin brewing in my favorite teapot and pondering if I just feel like fruit and cheese for dinner. Because I sure don't feel like cooking.

I did a little jig when I got horror this round, although a computer lab and a vacuum made me feel a little blah. 

Overall, I'm happy with what I did. I did a twist on a bit of obscure folklore, so it will be interesting to see how it is received. 

Looking forward to reading a whole bunch of stories next week! 
kristina_f View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:47pm
I think I've outdone myself this this time and plan to shoot clean past 1st place into the superlative 0th place. 

I'm drinking coffee in between bouts of falling asleep. I just need to be awake half an hour before the final deadline so I can do a last minute panic edit for a marginal improvement that unintentionally introduces a new error. It's tradition.

Edited by kristina_f - 12 Sep 2021 at 4:48pm
deedodd81 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deedodd81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:49pm
Decided to give my eyeballs a break from staring at the same 1000 words and just submit.

I was too busy asking for not poli-sat and forgot to also footbote that I didnt want fantasy.

I’ll have a double gin and tonic please.
MFC 2019 C2:Clear Broth, Clear Mind
FFC 2020 C1:The Grey Sea
deedodd81 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote deedodd81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by kristina_f kristina_f wrote:

last minute panic edit for a marginal improvement that unintentionally introduces a new error. It's tradition.
Pretty sure if you don’t do this they DQ you anyway. It’s how to prove you’re not a bot.
hcw522 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcw522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by deedodd81 deedodd81 wrote:

I was too busy asking for not poli-sat and forgot to also footbote that I didnt want fantasy.

Wish I had remembered to ask for no poli-sat LOL 

I'm not even sure if what I wrote sufficiently covers that genre but it's submitted now!
chrissie0707 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissie0707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:59pm
Might still have one more beta take a look, but I have at least submitted a version I am very happy with. I thought I was done hours ago, but after some readers, ended up weaving in an entirely new thread and completely rewriting the ending. Now, I am very much proud of what I ended up with. 

Time for wine!
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:08pm
Done, will prolly fiddle with some grammar and resubmit tonight.

Here’s hoping an accountant office counts as a modern “countinghouse” equivalent because they were not gonna back door me into Historical Fiction.

I am also screwed if the judges are unfamiliar with the Muppets.

Good luck, everyone!
ophelialit74 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ophelialit74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by LadyArkham LadyArkham wrote:

Done, will prolly fiddle with some grammar and resubmit tonight.

Here’s hoping an accountant office counts as a modern “countinghouse” equivalent because they were not gonna back door me into Historical Fiction.

I am also screwed if the judges are unfamiliar with the Muppets.

Good luck, everyone!

That "countinghouse" prompt is a bizarre one for sure--reminds me of the "breast milk" debacle I pulled last year. Oof! 
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:17pm
Done. First time doing fairy tale, I fear I might have made it too formulaic (and also I'm not convinced they'll accept my witch's book of potions as a cookbook) but after having nothing overnight (thanks Emma Raducanu) I'm just pleased to be going to bed at a sensible hour.
I'm toasting this story's birth with Ovaltine.
deedodd81 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deedodd81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:21pm

My buy for the next round just in awe that you got something that might even be in the realm of poli-sat!!
Originally posted by hcw522 hcw522 wrote:

Wish I had remembered to ask for no poli-sat LOL 

I'm not even sure if what I wrote sufficiently covers that genre but it's submitted now!

Edited by deedodd81 - 12 Sep 2021 at 5:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic