NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFC Final Round Titles/Synopsis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidle_by Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:17pm
let me get beer, then i'll post hahaha 
Sponsored Links

Rainbowsockmonkey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbowsockmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by tanyazina tanyazina wrote:

Got it as well. GULP. Now we'll just stare nervously at each other across the table until one of us decides to share.

Should we start a master list?
PrestonLeytonNelson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrestonLeytonNelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Rainbowsockmonkey Rainbowsockmonkey wrote:

Originally posted by tanyazina tanyazina wrote:

Got it as well. GULP. Now we'll just stare nervously at each other across the table until one of us decides to share.

Should we start a master list?

Yeah! Does someone want to handle? I can do it if not. It's not like I'm doing any work today anyway, apparently LOL
SSC 2019 R2|Operation Peanut Butter Cup

SSC 2019 R1 |The Trouble with Tontines (Fourth Place)

FFC 2018 The Date (First Place)
Rosie J View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rosie J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 1:52pm
So i've read a few of all your stories now, and can I just say... they're all BLOODY AMAZING!? This round is insane. It is literally going to boil down to the judge's personal taste/ lives/ experiences/ own writing. I'm fecking impressed and hope all the ones I've read so far get taken on to publishery things Heart
R4 (Sci Fi): What Hope Sounds Like
SLK43 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SLK43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Rosie J Rosie J wrote:

YES! These all sound great and it's an honour to be in the final round with you talented lot :)

Here's mine... it got a little crazy Ermm:

What hope sounds like

There is more than one language worth listening to, and this scientist is traveling the universe to prove it...

Perfect Rosie, just perfect! Smile
Dvmason View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dvmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by NoBananas NoBananas wrote:

Tea for Two

A widow finds magic in the last light of sunset. 

I can’t wait for this ^^^
-D.V. Mason
CH4 "The Light in Winter"
Dvmason View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dvmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by conictrical conictrical wrote:

Rest.

a woman visits Death at his house
Oh! Yes! Can’t wait
-D.V. Mason
Dvmason View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dvmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by sidle_by sidle_by wrote:

Challenge 4: Open Genre / Mobile Home / A Wrapped Gift 

Plastic Dashboard Jesus 

A demigod continually resets time to save the life of his friend.  But there’s a god that needs killing, and maybe it’s time to make a different choice.

(aka i really hope i don't get a particularly religious judge because wowee this is some sacrilegious stuff right here LOL

I’m pretty religious (my husband says I’m a “Catholic extremist”, which would probably make my really pious friends scoff, but anywho) and I can’t wait to read your story- this sounds awesome. Plus, favorite title so far. I think when you’re secure in anything- faith included- you can observe criticism/ otherness/ fiction and not be moved. Hopefully they feel the same :) congrats & looking forward to it!
-D.V. Mason
sidle_by View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidle_by Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 5:01am
Originally posted by Dvmason Dvmason wrote:

Originally posted by sidle_by sidle_by wrote:

Challenge 4: Open Genre / Mobile Home / A Wrapped Gift 

Plastic Dashboard Jesus 

A demigod continually resets time to save the life of his friend.  But there’s a god that needs killing, and maybe it’s time to make a different choice.

(aka i really hope i don't get a particularly religious judge because wowee this is some sacrilegious stuff right here LOL

I’m pretty religious (my husband says I’m a “Catholic extremist”, which would probably make my really pious friends scoff, but anywho) and I can’t wait to read your story- this sounds awesome. Plus, favorite title so far. I think when you’re secure in anything- faith included- you can observe criticism/ otherness/ fiction and not be moved. Hopefully they feel the same :) congrats & looking forward to it!

i hope it goes over okay with you then!! i certainly didn't set out to write something that would be offensive - i didn't even think about it until two different beta readers reminded me that it's an american comp and america has a uh, slightly more intense, i guess, take on religion than australia 

we'll see!! i made peace with the fact it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if you're looking forward to reading it then i at least hope you find it interesting!!! 
:) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic