NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFC, anyone in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schrifty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:52pm
Glad to see so many familiar faces - and new ones!  Happy to be back!
Sponsored Links

Liz M View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Liz M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:13pm
Back for a second year!
Kris View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:32pm
Bang Howdy, Pardners! I see Nixie is still holding down the fort - you rock :D

Skipped last year due to relocating countries and other priorities, but stoked to be back. I've dragged in a writing buddy for their first time here, and told them you were all really nice and awesome and that it would be great fun. If they get romcom first round I'll never live it down.

In NYCMF-specific news, the first story I ever did here - "Egg" - will be on Pseudopod, currently scheduled for Nov. 30th. 

Can't wait for Friday!

nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Kris Kris wrote:

In NYCMF-specific news, the first story I ever did here - "Egg" - will be on Pseudopod, currently scheduled for Nov. 30th. 

The awesomeness......  :)  Congrats!!!

And - of COURSE Nixie is back for FFC. Some of the *best people hang out around here.... ;)

Speaking of - welcome back!

Edited by nixie - 12 Jul 2018 at 1:22am
I'm out, but you can read Iratus' Round 2 (Ch3) story, Dangerous Energies, here!
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:10am
Originally posted by Schrifty Schrifty wrote:

Glad to see so many familiar faces - and new ones!  Happy to be back!
It's good to see you, Schrifty. Welcome back. 
Azuu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:32am
This is my first year, so excited (and nervous) to be taking part! Good luck everyone!
SheriLS View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheriLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:03am
Originally posted by jennifer.quail jennifer.quail wrote:

Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

Originally posted by jennifer.quail jennifer.quail wrote:

Oh. Gee. The editors of the anthology who bought a story back in March say it's coming for edits 'by the end of the week.' Me: Yay! Great! Before vacat...oh crap. 

That's okay. I can do this.

You got this- maybe the line edits will be minimal & you can breeze through them! 

I hope so! There are like four typos I saw AFTER I submitted, so I know those need fixing. 

I'm just praying no insane prompts like "Political Satire-a fake-Rolex street vendor-a makeup airbrush" where I'm like....yeah, nothing's coming. 

Yikes! Don't give them any ideas! Hehehe
KelsNotChels View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelsNotChels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:59am
I'm Kelsey, I'm a first timer, and...

I'm very pleased and scared to be here. 

(I tried to insert my gif, but I guess that's not a thing. For anyone who is now SUPER eager to see which one it was... http://static1.squarespace.com/static/520b7093e4b089db01dc2d67/t/5726c9b340261dcef4e7a857/1462159809242/

Edited by KelsNotChels - 12 Jul 2018 at 10:02am
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by KelsNotChels KelsNotChels wrote:

I'm Kelsey, I'm a first timer, and...

I'm very pleased and scared to be here. 

(I tried to insert my gif, but I guess that's not a thing. For anyone who is now SUPER eager to see which one it was... http://static1.squarespace.com/static/520b7093e4b089db01dc2d67/t/5726c9b340261dcef4e7a857/1462159809242/

Hey Kel! Welcome!

Would it not let you insert that as an image? 

And.. Dont waste fun time being terrified! The prompt will ne along soon enough, and you can be dismaywd .And terrorized then... ;)
I'm out, but you can read Iratus' Round 2 (Ch3) story, Dangerous Energies, here!
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:19am
Aaand - the deadline email has been received.  If you aren't signed up - if you're on the fence - go do it!!  Time's a-wastin'!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic