NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FF Round 4 Title & Synopsis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmytimtimothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 9:50am

As in Popular Culture

A little-known Sarajevan popstar can’t believe his luck when he’s booked as the support act for Fleetwood Mac’s European Dreams tour. His biggest fan Niko has never heard of them—but wouldn’t miss it for the world. 

(Historical fiction)

Nbelousova View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nbelousova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 10:09am
The Human, Outside His Natural Habitat

In a lonely valley in the Kashmir mountains, a photographer searches for an elusive and magnificent creature: the snow leopard.

I put "Drama/Adventure" as the genre, but it's not quite either of those things. Is there a genre for "I really like writing about nature"?

steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 10:53am
Hi all,

I have started plugging these into the final master list! It's looking juicy so far! Keep 'em coming. :)
#amrevising
BiologistBlues View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BiologistBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 11:18am
Icarus Alone
An AI’s nightmare endangers its ship’s crew. Its mechanic tries to soothe its troubled sleep.

This one gave me trouble. Think I drafted 3 pieces before settling on this one.
NERdling View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NERdling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 11:54am
Untethered

A woman can’t escape the stress and reality of her life, even in her dreams

Genre: Drama

Thank goodness we don't get judged on synopsis, mine are always so boring because I don't want to spoil anything. 

I had a million huge ideas and ended up really loving the scope I landed on. Also, I realized 15 minutes after the deadline that I submitted a version with and outdated line (a small line, but a VERY important line)!

I resubmitted and re-emailed, but I am sure they will judge on the submission that actually made the deadline. Really, it doesn't kill the story with the old version, but the newer version is much better. 

I am so excited to read everyone's final stories!

Reasonably_Crazy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reasonably_Crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by BiologistBlues BiologistBlues wrote:

Icarus Alone
An AI’s nightmare endangers its ship’s crew. Its mechanic tries to soothe its troubled sleep.

This one gave me trouble. Think I drafted 3 pieces before settling on this one.
Well, the one you landed on sounds super interesting! I can't wait to read it!
Reasonably_Crazy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reasonably_Crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 2:00pm
I knooooooow we won't get the emails until Wednesday but I'm still constantly in my inbox waiting for the all-clear to post.

I want to read all your stories so bad!
Frefallr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 2:53pm

Aperture

A small town girl has big dreams.

I swear to God, this is not normally a theme of mine, but somehow I ended up here again. I had so much trouble with the location, I cannot tell you. Looking forward to reading everyone's!
jenspenden View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenspenden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Frefallr Frefallr wrote:

Aperture

A small town girl has big dreams.

I swear to God, this is not normally a theme of mine, but somehow I ended up here again. I had so much trouble with the location, I cannot tell you. Looking forward to reading everyone's!

This marked my 31st NYCM round (18th of FFC), and I think this might've been the hardest location I've ever dealt with (worse than a diving board and cable car, lol). I'm relieved I wasn't the only one to struggle with it. Good luck! 
egelund View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 4:44pm
SandMann, Inc.

Genre: Sci-Fi?/Action?

Scott is the top dream programmer at SandMann, Inc., so he's not surprised when he's called to troubleshoot in the middle of the night. However, the problem is far bigger than he anticipated.

Think that's what I ended up with. I was too busy making plot-holes by filling in other plot-holes to come up with a good synopsis.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>