NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FF Round 4 Title & Synopsis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claviercat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 12:40am
Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

Oh heck I cannot WAIT to read your stories, everyone!

To Love Somebody That Death Can Touch

Genre: Sci-fi/drama

Eli has preserved his late wife’s brain so he can visit her in the Dream-Simulator, a neuro-holographic technology that allows grieving family members to see their loved ones after their passing. He goes back over and over again, trying to make peace with her death.

Now to pace relentless circles until the forums open up...

Mine isn't sci-fi, but we went similar places with this!
Please read my Challenge #3 story: https://forums.nycmidnight.com/ch-3-gr-12-honeymoon-at-the-end-of-the-earth_topic30718.html
td333777 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote td333777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 12:41am
Mine is drama...excited for Wednesday and seeing what everyone came up with!

Of Naked Exams, Jedi Knights, and One More Time

We all know dreams are born of memories, fears, and wish-fulfillment--but what we know and what we hope for are two very different things.

I know, pretty vanilla synopsis, but damn, those things are so irrelevant to good fiction.
FFC 2020 - 7th place
SSC 2018 - 2nd place
FFC 2017 - 1st
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 12:53am
Originally posted by claviercat claviercat wrote:

Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

Oh heck I cannot WAIT to read your stories, everyone!

To Love Somebody That Death Can Touch

Genre: Sci-fi/drama

Eli has preserved his late wife’s brain so he can visit her in the Dream-Simulator, a neuro-holographic technology that allows grieving family members to see their loved ones after their passing. He goes back over and over again, trying to make peace with her death.

Now to pace relentless circles until the forums open up...

Mine isn't sci-fi, but we went similar places with this!

Mine also has some overlaps with these! Good luck, everyone!

-Alex
Screenplay R1 Autocorrect
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
evenstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evenstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 3:58am
I wasn't really aiming for a particular genre, but ended up writing historical fiction... who knew?

Asleep, Awake

French chef Lazare Milhaud never stops creating recipes, not even when he sleeps. Consequently, when his subconscious speaks, he is far too busy dreaming up dinner to listen.

jenspenden View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jenspenden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 8:14am
Historical fiction

Nicht Loslassen

Brief Synopsis: On her deathbed, an old woman dreams of the terrible day she and her brother were ripped apart before boarding the train to Auschwitz. She refuses to let go until they can journey home, hand-in-hand. 

Edited by jenspenden - 07 Dec 2020 at 8:14am
AubreyZahn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AubreyZahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 8:19am
I can’t wait to read every single one of these — just from the descriptions I can tell it’s an awesome batch of stories. I’m a little worried because mine has a similar premise to several of the above, but I’m sure they’ll be distinct enough in the actual content.

Mine:

No Traveler 

Two sisters - one living, one dead - attempt to reunite in the dreamspace between worlds.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 8:23am
I ended up writing Fantasy. The Dream prompt told me to. Big smile Some amazing titles and synopses in this thread. Can't wait until we can share. Final rounds tend to be a little lonely.

On the Canvas of Dreams

The keeper of dreams paints the landscape of Anna’s subconscious journey, lived in parallel to her waking world. As they approach the End, will a latent memory ruin the final masterpiece?

Oryx View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 8:34am
Originally posted by evenstar evenstar wrote:

I wasn't really aiming for a particular genre, but ended up writing historical fiction... who knew?

Asleep, Awake

French chef Lazare Milhaud never stops creating recipes, not even when he sleeps. Consequently, when his subconscious speaks, he is far too busy dreaming up dinner to listen.

This sounds kinda hilarious <3
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 9:25am
I didn't know you had to give the genre when submitting. I wanted to add a question mark after science fiction on Submittable but refrained. LOL  I don't usually write it and it felt pretty bold of me with all the amazing science fiction writers in this contest. 

(editing my post like editing my FF: science fiction repeating 3 times. ha.)
(who let this woman on here?)

Edited by JanetM - 07 Dec 2020 at 9:30am
Ch2 Gr16 Micro
Fireballs at Bonfires

jenspenden View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jenspenden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by JanetM JanetM wrote:

I didn't know you had to give the genre when submitting. I wanted to add a question mark after science fiction on Submittable but refrained. LOL  I don't usually write it and it felt pretty bold of me with all the amazing science fiction writers in this contest. 

(editing my post like editing my FF: science fiction repeating 3 times. ha.)
(who let this woman on here?)

I wanted to add a question mark after I listed Historical Fiction as my genre. I was like, "Uh, historical fiction...surrealism?" LOL I just left it simply as historical fiction, but I definitely wanted to add a couple of more genres after it. 

Also, I think that's the first time they've added that part on the submission form (I made finals in Short Story this summer, and that wasn't on the form for the open genre). 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic