NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FF R1 Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 2:52pm
Shocked by second place. There are so many strong competitors in my group and that's just in the forum posts!

I cannot fathom the process though. I LOVED my 100 word piece that didn't place. I like this one... But there was no love for it. Its a mystery to me. 
Archive
250 R2
<a href="https://tinyurl.com/YACCMMDD" rel="nofollow">250 (R1)</
casey4004 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casey4004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 3:04pm
3rd place! So excited! These contests are so fun!
spicklerbalt View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spicklerbalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 3:05pm
13th place in Group 39. I will be interested to see feedback, but I dashed off that story quickly on Sunday and I supposed I shouldn’t be surprised by my result.
GaleGirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaleGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 3:09pm
I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed. Judges must have gone high-brow on me. Can't wait to see the feedback...
MayJWrites View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayJWrites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 3:17pm
Tenth place here, was hoping for more but happy with it all the same :D
Can someone refresh my memory on how many people approximately were in each 'group'?
May J aka Lindsey Harrington
I return all reads/critiques!
Review my Challenge 3 Story at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HCPNPoRlp6x1QZwVGtULWtzBz33QepTpmJF_r8Lb5nM/edit?usp=sharing
a_wooden_lock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_wooden_lock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 3:21pm
I did not place, which is disappointing. This is my first competition though, and I already feel I've improved since getting here due to the amazing feedback from fellow competitors. So it still is a win overall! I do look forward to the feedback from the judges and can't wait for round two!

Edited by a_wooden_lock - 09 Sep 2021 at 3:21pm
FFC R1: The Plunge
FFC R2: Headwaters
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 3:24pm
Super thrilled with 7th place in Group 9!! Embarrassed

Good luck this weekend, everyone!

And remember...everyone writes! Even if you didn't get points for Challenge 1!
#amrevising
J-Bell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 3:26pm
1st place. Cannot believe it. Completely grateful and humbled. Especially because I got romantic comedy (NOT my genre at all) and I have never written a short story before. I was just happy to post a story and finish it!  
libertypen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libertypen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 3:34pm
Floored by 4th place. Wrote the story quickly and wasn't feeling all that inspired by the prompts, so I'm very glad that I was able to turn it around and get a good score!

Congrats to everyone, whether you gained points this round or not. Here's hoping for a fun second round!
TeeHi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeHi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by GaleGirl GaleGirl wrote:

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed. Judges must have gone high-brow on me. Can't wait to see the feedback...

Same here, but I'm also wondering if only minor usage of the item and the lack of major conflict cost me some, as I was all up in the genre and everything took place in the location; hopefully the feedback will be enlightening. 

I also wish they scored EVERYone instead of just the top 15, as I'd like to know if I came close or if it was a complete fail, or what. I also wish all the top stories were posted somewhere since a LOT of people don't post here. I think reading all the placers would be informative and a learning experience.

But after not moving on in MF100 - my first contest, making this one only my 2nd - I decided to only enter if it's a definite moving to the 2nd round like this and short screenplay, so I can feel like I got more of my money's worth. 

Edited by TeeHi - 09 Sep 2021 at 3:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>