NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feedback Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ophelialit74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feedback Roundup
    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 1:36pm
Well....the feedback is in! One of my judges totally got my story, provided extremely encouraging feedback and seemed to get at the crux of an element that would likely improve the story overall. The second judge phoned in the quintessential "form letter" feedback....provide more background on the narrator...that was it. The third judge totally didn't get the story....like at all...in an almost comical capacity. Missed the twist ending, confused the gender of the narrator and asked for details that were provided in the story. Soooooo, I guess I'll take the one bit and leave the rest? 1 out of 3 ain't bad! LOL
angelagilbert View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelagilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 8:25am
I've had that happen before, where one judge just doesn't get it and misses key details that I thought were pretty clear.  Didn't happen to me this time, but it has happened.  So I just provide feedback for the feedback in the link they provide and sometimes I've questioned how carefully the text was actually read.  I feel like if someone totally misses the point of what you're saying, their feedback won't really do anything for you.  So take all feedback with a grain of salt, both positive and negative.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic