NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feedback Process for MF250

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kywriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feedback Process for MF250
    Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 10:30pm
This is my fist year submitting for the MF 250. I am curious about the feedback from the judges. What does the feedback look like/how much feedback is given? 
ZoeLou View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ZoeLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 11:44pm
Welcome! Generally feedback is sent out 24 hrs after the results are announced (which off the top of my head is 2-3 days before the next round begins). You’ll get 3 judges who’ll give comments under two categories - what they liked, and what they think needs work. Some judges are more detailed than others, but usually you should end up with a short paragraph per judge per section. 

If you want to see some examples, head over to the 100 Word Micro Review forum or last year’s 250 Micro Review (in the archives) - any titles that say “with FB” mean that author’s posted their feedback within the thread for you to look over. :)
SSC R1: The Many Faces of Gemini

All my NYCM work: Author Archive
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 7:21am

Quite often the feedback in the 250 is larger than the 250 words the writer wrote... It is usually pretty good in this contest.
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 9:15am
Sometimes writers will update their story post with the judges feedback. Here are some examples from last year. 

(I searched for "FB" in the 250 word archive from last year) 

kywriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kywriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 2:26pm
Awesome! Thanks so much for this information!
 Post Reply Post Reply