NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feedback from the lowly folk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by NYCNewbie NYCNewbie wrote:

Stress not Becky. I've only been involved since January and have frequently described this place as one of the warmest places on the planet.

We are all a community here, a family who support each other and I have been gutted when friends and superb writers and stories didn't progress, but been overwhelmed by support in beta or emails that have talked me off the ledge!

When someone from a previous round pops by to offer feedback or congratulations, it warms my heart and all feedback is welcome. I feel particularly humbled by those that have stuck with me and been interested enough to see what garbage I churned out!

And I know you don't mean it to sound patronising, but I consider myself 'one of the lowly folk' if there is such a thing.....which there isn't

Paula x

Your comments are always lovely Heart  and I hope you didn't take anything other than a bit of playful self depreciation from the title - I was in a bit of a slump and of COURSE didn't mean it as a serious description for anyone here. Naturally, you're correct. There isn't such a thing as 'lowly' on this platform anyway. 100% agree that this is the nicest place on the internet I've ever seen! 

FF18 R1 G23 The Builders of Threadneedle Steet (hist fic)
Sponsored Links

NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by beckyrcollins beckyrcollins wrote:

Originally posted by NYCNewbie NYCNewbie wrote:

Stress not Becky. I've only been involved since January and have frequently described this place as one of the warmest places on the planet.

We are all a community here, a family who support each other and I have been gutted when friends and superb writers and stories didn't progress, but been overwhelmed by support in beta or emails that have talked me off the ledge!

When someone from a previous round pops by to offer feedback or congratulations, it warms my heart and all feedback is welcome. I feel particularly humbled by those that have stuck with me and been interested enough to see what garbage I churned out!

And I know you don't mean it to sound patronising, but I consider myself 'one of the lowly folk' if there is such a thing.....which there isn't

Paula x

Your comments are always lovely Heart  and I hope you didn't take anything other than a bit of playful self depreciation from the title - I was in a bit of a slump and of COURSE didn't mean it as a serious description for anyone here. Naturally, you're correct. There isn't such a thing as 'lowly' on this platform anyway. 100% agree that this is the nicest place on the internet I've ever seen! 

Of course not no, I know you didn’t mean it offensively. I just appreciate that non UK folk don’t necessarily understand our British self depreciating humour sometimes. Totally opposite to the USA. Only been once when I went to Disney, Florida with my family in 2016 and we all came back saying, “Good job!” ALL THE TIME as the Americans are so positive and warm and encouraging.....I think I’d like to retire over there someday

P x 

Edited by NYCNewbie - 15 Aug 2018 at 11:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic