NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Experiment: Master List for non-competing writers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Experiment: Master List for non-competing writers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Talespinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Originally posted by Talespinner Talespinner wrote:

Much to my surprise (given prompts SF/hospice/armband!) I have something. Will post it tomorrow, despite a bad feeling about this... 

As has been noted, confusion would spoil it for contestants, and avoiding such relies upon everyone, non-contestants and contestants alike, following the instructions  re: NC and all (they're in this thread, not IIRC in one post). We know that nobody follows instructions, we all tend copy each other. So what are the chances that some 1000 peeps will get it right? Zero, methinks. 

Is it too late/possible to get Admin to create a separate discussion thread for NCFF stories? 

Cheers,
Pat

I am so glad you chose my assigned prompts. There are only three of us who posted titles. Can't wait to see what you came up with!

I shall look forward to reading and reviewing your story, Lisa. Good luck with it...
Pat
Ch3 NC story SF/hospice/armband
Ending; Happy?
Talespinner View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talespinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

Originally posted by Talespinner Talespinner wrote:

Is it too late/possible to get Admin to create a separate discussion thread for NCFF stories? 

Cheers,
Pat

NYCM creates and supports the costs of the forum for contestants.  We're taking their thing and turning it to a different use.  Asking them to create us a special space on their server would be- well, rude and entitled. :)

This is one of those occasions where people who want something extra gotta give something extra - in this case, reading and following simple instructions.  It just involves reading - and everyone here is a writer.  You can do it!! :)

Your call, Nixie. Thanks for your work on this one.
Pat
Ch3 NC story SF/hospice/armband
Ending; Happy?
WriterByNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterByNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:38pm
What a fantastic idea, Nixie! 
FFC Final| Beyond the Veil
Micro R1 | How Could You?
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by WriterByNight WriterByNight wrote:

What a fantastic idea, Nixie! 

Isnt it?  fioOxf messaged me to ask about it, and I think as long as we can do it without interfering with/taking away from the competitors, it's a great motivation for folks to keep writing!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456