NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emails

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOLynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:07pm
I finally got my email 5:30pm EST.
kristina_f View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

Mine said #2, so at least they caught it eventually x) I'm glad I don't have that job. My ADHD ass would leave everything

The trick is to just remove everything that needs to be changed.

Written Work Confirmation

Hey you,

This e-mail is to let you know that we have received your submission for a challenge and to confirm both that it did have a title, and it was placed in a group.  If the group assignment or title is incorrect, please let us know as soon as possible.  Judging will now take place and we will announce the results by 11:59PM EDT (New York time) on a date some point in the future by e-mail and through our facebook and twitter pages.  Congratulations on rising to the challenge and best of luck in the competition!

Peer Review on the Forum

We have a very active forum during the competition, and we have set up a special forum for review.  The name of the forum is the same as the name of this challenge. You can post your submission to receive feedback from your fellow writers and review others posted. This forum is to help writers receive honest and helpful feedback and has no effect on the judging. The forums are located at http://forums.nycmidnight.com. ; If you have not yet joined the forum, you will need to create a username and password to access the review forum.  Enjoy the forums!

Up Next: Some other Challenge!

This challenge is a competition that challenges writers around the world to create content no longer than a specified length based on genre and two other assigned prompts. There are thousands in cash and prizes for the winners and every submission receives feedback from the judges. Sound like fun?  Learn more, register, and read previous winning entries at link you can probably find yourself on our website.  Good luck writers!

There you go. Should be universal purpose now.
FFC2 GR68: the astronomer
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by kristina_f kristina_f wrote:

There you go. Should be universal purpose now.

LOLLOLLOL
Patagonia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patagonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:33pm
I still haven't gotten my email, and I don't even see the master list for the 80-120 groups . . . anyone have any info or suggestions??
iress View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Patagonia Patagonia wrote:

I still haven't gotten my email, and I don't even see the master list for the 80-120 groups . . . anyone have any info or suggestions??

The person running the 80-120 is in Thailand I think, so it’s about time zone. But it’ll be up. 

As for your email, send an email to feedback@nycmidnight.com.    They are very helpful and nice.   I have some weird communication glitch with my email and have had to ask for my email in the past.  
ZoeLou View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZoeLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:37pm

Have you checked your junk folder? Sometimes mine get lost in there. Otherwise I’d still give it a few hours and then maybe email NYCM to check they definitely received your entry? Hopefully it shows up soon!

The master list for 80-120 is run by someone who lives in Thailand, so the time zones get tricky :) I’m in Aus so I can vouch that it is day on our side of the earth now haha but depending on whether they have work etc today it may still be a little while
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:39pm

Confirmations go in waves. As the contest gets larger and larger, the time frame has increased. If you do not see it by tomorrow (don't forget to check your junk/spam!) email feedback@nycmidnight.com and double check.

As for the ML for 80-120 - that's Suave. He lives in Thailand. It's really early there at the moment. Give him a minute to wakies and have a coffee. He'll get it posted shortly. 
Patagonia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Patagonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:42pm
D'oh! I just remembered I used a different email this time - went to check it and - voila! Yay! I was starting to worry. Now to go post it!!!! So much fun!Big smileBig smileBig smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic