NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Editing After Submission?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joswrites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Editing After Submission?
    Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 12:44am
Hi All,

I successfully submitted just a hair under deadline, at exactly 11:58 PM, and accidentally pasted the wrong version of my little story.  So, now I can't withdraw and resubmit.  But I added a note to the original on-time entry that contains the final, updated version.  Is that acceptable?  I discovered and immediately fixed the SNAFU, but it was a tiny bit past midnight by then.

Side note:  I registered late and never got a confirmation email.

Please advise!  Thanks so much in advance!

J

Edited by joswrites - 17 Oct 2021 at 12:46am
shady View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:24pm
Iā€™m not sure but I think it should be okay. I hope they respond to your note so you will know sooner than later. Good luck šŸ¤žšŸ¼
shady
Rhenn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rhenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by joswrites joswrites wrote:

Hi All,

I successfully submitted just a hair under deadline, at exactly 11:58 PM, and accidentally pasted the wrong version of my little story. 

Exactly the time I got mine submitted! I had it set to go, but struggled with a title at the end. An hour after submitting, I found the email about hitting the space bar twice, to keep it from being single spaced. Cry

I sent an email, and posted the correctly spaced version in the notes. I hope they read that one, instead of the big paragraph that appears on the main link. It was so much easier last year. Just paste and submit!

Edited by Rhenn - 17 Oct 2021 at 2:27pm
joswrites View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joswrites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 2:48pm
I sure hope so!  Good luck to you both!
 Post Reply Post Reply