NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Done and Subbed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ophelialit74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:44pm
Group 101: Rom-Com/putting ice in a drink/public

Done and done...I can't think of a genre that would be less welcome than rom-com, but I think I pulled it off! My husband said it read like a Hallmark movie, so I must have checked some of the necessary boxes. Ha! 

Any heatmates out there? 
Dark&StormyNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by ashleythunt ashleythunt wrote:

Done here too! Group 111, sci-fi, "fixing a leak', and the word heavy! Can't wait to be able to share and read everyone's story.

Read that too fast as ‘taking a leak’ LOL
ashleythunt View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashleythunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:49pm
Out of curiosity, do the names of the people who are talking go against your word count? I'd be terrified to get a drama. Definitely not my forte!
lightyears View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lightyears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:50pm
I was in group 51: comedy, "potential" and driving over the speed limit. This was my first time entering NYC Midnight and I absolutely love the challenge of it! Smile
HelenT View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelenT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:50pm
Done. 52- ghost story-changing a lightbulb- trap.
It was more of a challenge to squeeze everything in 250 words than the idea. Happy with the result today but I am sure that I'll find mistakes in my story tomorrow, when I can't change anything. LOL

Edited by HelenT - 21 Nov 2020 at 8:52pm
TelepathicTeaTime View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TelepathicTeaTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:51pm
Just submitted my entry for Group 12's assignment- a comedy featuring someone putting on a pair of gloves and the word berry!

I'm a little nervous about the use of my assigned word. I used it plural, and specifically wrote it as "raspberries". Do you think it'll still count? Or should I go back and leave them more vaguely as just... berries? :|
Beach Mum View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:52pm
Mine changed a lot between bedtime and lunchtime, thanks to my great beta readers. My first time using beta readers, wow! 
Group 107: Suspense/Thriller. The word was 'wrap' and action 'witnessing a crime'. I set it in a candy store and named it Sweet Thief. I had fun.
Good luck everyone xx
R1 Sweet Thief
Ch2 Damn the Witches 4th
Ch1 Beach Baby Comes Home 7th
Beach Mum View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:53pm
I'd stick to the actual word as it's a word prompt not an object prompt.

R1 Sweet Thief
Ch2 Damn the Witches 4th
Beach Mum View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by ashleythunt ashleythunt wrote:

Out of curiosity, do the names of the people who are talking go against your word count? I'd be terrified to get a drama. Definitely not my forte!

Yes every word counts. The submission platform won't take more than 250. Good luck :)
R1 Sweet Thief
Ch2 Damn the Witches 4th
kristina_f View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 9:15pm
I like the system where we can submit multiple times. I finished my second draft eight hours ago and submitted. I knew I'd want to do one last round of edits, but wanted to take a break and maybe get some sleep first. It was much easier to unwind knowing I had something in in case I overslept or I woke up to find the internet had exploded or something. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic