NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Done and Subbed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote terrilynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Done and Subbed
    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:58pm
Just a topic to acknowledge being done and subbed. 

My genre was romance, my action "dyeing hair," and my word was "lower." 

5:55 pm US EST and it's gone! Clap

Good luck everyone. Star

Terri
SallyJhyphenP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SallyJhyphenP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:03pm
I submitted quite early on; about 3.5 hours after topic assignment but I've just gone in and resubmitted a few minutes ago with a small punctuation change.

My genre was sci-fi, my action was getting blood pressure taken and mu word was work
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:06pm
Just submitted too, I had rom com, lighting a candle, push

I thought of the idea super early today, but I'm not sure how it is. I think I'm happy with it, especially since I kind of dread writing rom com. 
CoffeeForMarcel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeForMarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:18pm
Also done! I had comedy/driving over the speed limit/potential.

I'd written a story yesterday that I was pretty happy with, but which was really not a comedy. This morning I tried again and got 90 words. They weren't good words, at all. This afternoon I tried a third time, wrote something which wasn't great, but which had potential (see what I did there?) After some editing I managed to massage it into a story I'm okay sending off. Whew!

Edited by CoffeeForMarcel - 21 Nov 2020 at 6:19pm
Treefish View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:21pm
Just submitted and now time for a gin before bed I think!

My first ever ghost story and I managed to whack it out in one go - but spent the day tweaking here and there.

Good luck to everyone!
turtlevibes View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turtlevibes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:28pm
Submitted earlier this afternoon and too anxious to look at it any further.

My genre was fairy tale/and or fantasy. Action was stepping into a puddle and my word was pressure. Probably the smoothest writing experience I've had for a NYC midnight contest so far, but can't tell if it's because of a good prompt or if I'm actually getting better at this whole writing thing.
Fuschia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuschia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:29pm
Submitted my offering a couple of hours ago. So tempting to go back and just check once again that I am happy with it. Bedtime here in the UK, so I shall just leave it...maybe.
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:43pm
Done and submitted my Sci-Fi story. Action was taking pain medication and word was transform. It's gone and forgotten.
AubreyZahn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AubreyZahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:49pm
I had totally forgotten about the contest until this morning, and had stuff planned all day, so had to write it in kind of a hurry, but was pleased with the result. I had group 109: genre romance, action checking the time, and word circle. First time getting romance, wasn’t as bad as I thought (it helps that it was the 250 word contest and not the 1000 word). Looking forward to reading everyone’s stories!
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:51pm
Done. Group 72 - drama, arrival, eating a piece of candy. 
I wasn't overly chuffed to have got drama for the second time in succession, and I spent most of the day torn between three or four half-ideas, none of which I really liked. But I'm reasonably content with how it turned out in the end.
Good luck everyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic