NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do You Submit Your Contest Stories To Publications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do You Submit Your Contest Stories To Publications

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 5:44pm
So much helpful info and encouraging comments in this thread! Thanks everyone for sharing your experience Smile
Zounds View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by ChristiLB ChristiLB wrote:

Originally posted by jdadams1 jdadams1 wrote:

If you are on Facebook, one of the best things for me has been joining various “submission opportunity” groups. I bet I’m on a half dozen or so. Facebook has a ‘save’ option, so if a post comes up in my feed, I can quickly save it and review it at a more convenient time (versus having to investigate it the moment I see it, which is rarely the ideal time). You can even create a collection for your saves, so you could save it right to a Submission Opps collection. 

But many of these submission opportunities are only open for a limited time, and I’ve definitely had situations (as recently as last night!) where I waited too long to review a saved submission opportunity, and the deadline had passed. :)

What do you type in to search for the submission opportunities? Is it just submission opportunities or short story submission opportunities, or something else entirely? I recently discovered groups on facebook which I've been enjoying hahaha - Excited to try out this new avenue as well. Smile

That was unexpected and for once really did make me laugh out loud.

The "race to rejection" and the methods of methodically sending them to publishers, reminded me of Jo in Little Women. And of course Louisa eventually hit paydirt. Thank you all so much for sharing. 

Edited by Zounds - 25 Aug 2020 at 11:39pm
C2 Gr41 A Full 360
C1 Gr41 The Perfect House
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic