NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disqualification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 11:44am
Originally posted by sootfoot5 sootfoot5 wrote:

After going through some Craig’s List Judges, (let’s be fair-there were some good ones), and contestants getting angry, NYC hired some decent judges. Hey, those of you who did SSC- did you hear of many people complaining that the judges were rude?  Or that they didn’t think the judges even read their story?  No, the judges have definitely gotten better. But this also means that more people, not less, can expect a Dq, because the rules will be applied more evenly. 

Do I regret pushing the limits with my story? Absolutely not! I’m excited about what I wrote, and if the judges Dq me, so be it. A disqualification will not take away the joy I feel at coming up with such a unique tale. 

Again, this is just my opinion. Soot

I am a salt MACHINE about one of my judges and I agree with this 100%. I have seen the judges across every level of the contest improve since I started in 2018. One or two duds doesn't undo the work of the other judges. (E.g. 1846 from my group, who wrote a ton of helpful feedback)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic