NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deadline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deadline
    Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 12:52am
I was not smart and thought it was my timezone midnight which is central time.  Is there a way to have my story accepted? I worked so hard!  Cry
SRP
Sponsored Links

shirlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 1:01am
...and I suppose that means I am out of the rest of them too!!! Ugh CryCry
SRP
Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 1:04am
If it was under five minutes, or it was just now happening (modnight essentially) I'd say submit it anyway and see what happens, which I guess you could still do, but they likely won't take it.

However, you are still in round 2 even if you didn't submit for round 1.

And believe it or not, people with 0 points in round 1 have made enough points in round 2 to go on to round 3, so definitely write for round 2!!!

Also didn't realize this was Q&A forum, so they might come back with a different response.

Edited by Eggcorn - 25 Jul 2016 at 1:07am
jeanniemargil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeanniemargil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 1:05am
The  deadline clock on the website was showing I had three more hours, when I clicked on it a few minutes ago it was closed.  I'm on the west coast - I worked all day on it - kept checking the time clock on the website I thought it was strange that it said I had more time (than the eastern deadline) 
what can we do?
shirlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 1:11am
I did send mine in a reply to the email but I don't know if they will get it.  I figured at least there would be proof as to when I finished.  I appreciate the post about still being able to get enough points to move on from the second challenge.  
SRP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic