NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crime Caper questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 11:01pm
Thank you for sending over your story!

I'm aiming to get my draft done in the next day but depends on how much I can squeeze in around work - Am on a roll right now but am in the UK and it's the middle of the night/very early morning and somewhen I will have to think about some sort of sleep!  What an annoyance!

Anyway, late Thursday night in the US is early Fri morn here so we should be good on that front Smile
Sponsored Links

Sysanet View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sysanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by josephine josephine wrote:

Thank you for sending over your story!

I'm aiming to get my draft done in the next day but depends on how much I can squeeze in around work - Am on a roll right now but am in the UK and it's the middle of the night/very early morning and somewhen I will have to think about some sort of sleep!  What an annoyance!

Anyway, late Thursday night in the US is early Fri morn here so we should be good on that front Smile

No probs. I love sharing stories. ^^ I've had a lot of friends who live over in Europe so I'm used to working with that time schedule. I'm a mom of 3 toddlers, so my own sleep schedule is pretty erratic anyway.  
Sysanet View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sysanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 6:38pm
Are you guys here today?
josephine View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 8:57pm
Hi Sysanet..  I am but I am terribly behind schedule :(  
Sysanet View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sysanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 5:17am
Worry not. I am going to bed soon. My email is Sysanet@gmail.com. Send it when you're ready and I'll send mine in kind. ^.^

Sorry for the late reply. I was watching Critical Role and then made dinner.

Edited by Sysanet - 27 Jan 2017 at 5:17am
josephine View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Sysanet Sysanet wrote:

Worry not. I am going to bed soon. My email is Sysanet@gmail.com. Send it when you're ready and I'll send mine in kind. ^.^

Sorry for the late reply. I was watching Critical Role and then made dinner.

No problem, I am actually quite glad for your late reply as it makes me feel less bad for keeping you waiting!
purplelen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purplelen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:33pm
Hi everyone,
I'm terribly behind. Had a super busy work week and then got sick on Thursday.
I may just have to work on it tonight and tomorrow and submit it last minute.
Good luck everyone!

josephine View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 3:34pm
I have *just* completed a first draft that massively needs reworking and losing works and the suchlike but at least it is there.

Although, I am not sure my subject is actually integral enough.  

Going to get myself home and then start sending to beta readers :)  Will be happy to receive for a bit too:

jcbailey2016@gmail.com
Sysanet View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sysanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 6:46pm
At my mom's for the day. She requested I bring the kids over to see her today since she had a day off. Will be home sometime tonight.
De Chelonian Mobile View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Chelonian Mobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 12:10pm
Hello fellow Crime Caperers!

My heat 20 submission is in.  After a rocky start, (status quo for tackling a new genre) I have reached the point where I have to stop overthinking edits and let it go.  This is my first NYC Midnight.  I didn't know what to expect, and it was a wildly nerve wracking week, but there could have been worse genres for me.

Best wishes, and best of luck to all the Crime Caper writers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic