NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Countdown to results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Countdown to results
    Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:06am
They're due 5 am here so I'm mostly spending today convincing myself they'll release them early so I don't have to go to bed with results anxiety ticking over in my brain, which then leads to no sleep, which then leads to me checking for results in the dead of night, which leads to anxiety, which leads to no sleep... One day I will learn to just chill out a bit, it's not like I can change the outcome at this point.

How's everybody doing? 
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:41am
They’ve released results earlier than midnight a couple times since I started doing this in 2014. Try meditating to relax yourself enough to sleep, set your alarm for 5 AM, go to bed, and dream about winning Best Original Screenplay at the Academy Awards. This competition isn’t worth the anxiety levels and loss of sleep you describe putting yourself through. Best wishes.
AmIRightOrAmIWrite View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmIRightOrAmIWrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:34pm
I hope your anxiety is lifted soon. I have noticed that they do come out early some years (as mentioned above), so I don't think you will have to wait that long. Best of luck to you!!
SSC21 - CH1 - One More In The Chamber
SSC21 - CH2 - Ready for Pick Up
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:41pm
I'm in the same time zone boat as @Swilki sans anxiety. Hope they're early. Fingers crossed!
swilki View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 2:53pm
ha thanks, I think I just need to relax as a general rule. I've really enjoyed this exercise so hoping I get to carry on but I hate waiting!
Good luck to everyone anyway
rohare123 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohare123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 3:04pm
Feeling the same anxiety. I’m limiting how often I allow myself to refresh my email. Hoping I don’t have to go to sleep waiting for results. 
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:46pm
I almost forgot! I'm glad I almost forgot so now I'll only spend part of the day refreshing the inbox like mad. Good luck, all!
HardtobetheBard View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HardtobetheBard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 6:42pm
I'm in the 5am crowd too :/ Hoping they come in in the next couple of hours but seems unlikely :')
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 7:39pm
1am crowd here (AST). / Also hoping it comes in early. Good luck everyone!!!
KittentOmbola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittentOmbola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 7:59pm
Yep… waiting until 5am too

Slightly nervy with this one… to be honest i’ll be glad even if it was accepted to have fullfilled the brief (but would be mean if it didnt)

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by KittentOmbola - 17 Nov 2021 at 7:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic