NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Contest affected?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trishAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 12:20pm
I didn't get an email -annoying because it is a very expensive place for some of us to pay for with weak currencies - not in spam either!!! Not impressed. Trish
middlebrookpatricia@gmail.com
jackaboo
maxdempster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxdempster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 1:45pm
I never got this email :-/ 
FESTUNG     

Heat 154 - Thriller / Weight gain / A school counselor.

rachell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by maxdempster maxdempster wrote:

I never got this email :-/ 

Me neither. Makes me feel better to know many others haven't yet either. Probably going out in batches.
Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:06pm
I'm sorry some of you didn't get the email! I can copy paste it for you! 

Dear Writers,
COVID-19 has quickly disrupted the world in the matter of a few months, and we hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these strange and uncertain times.  Most everyone has been affected one way or another, but we are reaching out to say that we do not anticipate any changes to our competition schedule or results announcement dates at this time. If anything changes, of course, we will let you know as soon as possible.  In the meantime, feel free to visit our forums to chat with other writers any time you may be feeling a little cooped up by the living, working, and travel restrictions that are a new reality for so many people around the world.  Please stay safe and healthy everyone and keep writing!
Mister_Write View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mister_Write Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:01am
I didn't get it either, which is no biggie because I can read it here. Just wondering if I should touch base with them to make sure they have my correct email. It's my first time entering and I wouldn't want any correspondence going astray.
R1 H146 Beautiful Little Cakes (Drama)[HM]
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Mister_Write Mister_Write wrote:

I didn't get it either, which is no biggie because I can read it here. Just wondering if I should touch base with them to make sure they have my correct email. It's my first time entering and I wouldn't want any correspondence going astray.

Check your spam. I don't have issues with NYCM, but I've had real e-mail from banks, other publishers, and real people go to the spam filter while actual spam gets through. Sometimes the same address will bounce one email but another one comes through. (The 24-hour Fiction Contest seems prone to that, and Bronzeville Books's auto-reply. I think some may be the number of recipients.)
SSC 2020 R1 G77: The Artist Is Not Present
Dekay View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 4:44pm
I never got the first confirmation email when I registered for this contest. I sent an email to touch base the same day and still no word. I was happy to see my name assigned because I truly wasn't sure. I did not get this email either. (Yes, I have checked spam, junk, etc.) Let me know if they respond to you so I can figure out where I went wrong. 
Mister_Write View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mister_Write Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:41pm
Yeah I checked junk. I've gotten the previous emails from the contest though so hopefully it was just an anomaly. I'll just contact them if I don't hear anything on the date that we're supposed to. Thanks!
R1 H146 Beautiful Little Cakes (Drama)[HM]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic