NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Contacting NYC Midnight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contacting NYC Midnight
    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 11:50am
On Sunday, I uploaded my flash fic on Submittable, got a success screen and a submittable email confirmation saying my story had been received and to wait 72 hours for official confirmation. 

I have yet to receive the official confirmation I need to be able to add my story to the forum, and I have emailed feedback@nycmidnight.com twice. Is there another channel I can use to contact the powers that be? 

I really feel like this is one of the best stories I've written, I had a lot of good beta help and ended up with something i'm quite proud of, so I would be completely gutted if my story didn't even make it to the judges for feedback. Any ideas?
The Red Lion View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Red Lion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 1:56pm
I wouldn't worry too much about it not getting to the judges. They are usually pretty good about helping out for these kinds of things since it's not your fault, especially if you have record of the submittable confirmation! I'm sure it'll get sorted out! They usually get overwhelmed with emails around this time in a contest so I'm betting they will get back to you soon!

Just as a double-check make sure to look in your spam folder or other email addresses you might have. And make sure you sent them your backup email copy of your story.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:27pm
If you have submitted and then sent them the submission in an email and received the email for all that, I would not worry about the 72 hour notice before making your submission to the forums, go ahead. The email to feedback@nycidnight.com to makes sure everything went through is a good idea, they might be a little busy at the moe and take a little time to get back to you, but they will - or try again in a few days.
Calantha View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:32am
Thanks to you both for quelling my concerns a little. I just forwarded my submittable email, my story (again) and a link to the google document in which I wrote the story (with a screenshot of my edit history just for good measure!) 

I hope that serves as sufficient proof that I did my part to get my story to the judges in time not to be dq! Going to post on the forum now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic