NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Congrats to top stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Pinko Pinko wrote:

Topangarose you are in heat 13?

Pinko-- I'm in heat 5 -- I was just drooling over heat 13
jimiflan2 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimiflan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by topangarose topangarose wrote:

[QUOTE=Pinko] Topangarose you are in heat 13?

Pinko-- I'm in heat 5 -- I was just drooling over heat 13

topanga - was the drooling from quivering in fear with one of those daffy duck bounces around the room, crazy-like...

Edited by jimiflan2 - 26 Jul 2009 at 9:31pm
1st Round: Ghost story / Piano
When There's Something Strange
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 9:46pm
so Jimi- did you ever come up with anything and get it onto your screen?
topangarose View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by jimiflan2 jimiflan2 wrote:

topanga - was the drooling from quivering in fear with one of those daffy duck bounces around the room, crazy-like...

Jimi,

More like the coyote clamping a ball and chain around the wrong leg, (hers) and tossing it off a cliff....

Edited by topangarose - 26 Jul 2009 at 11:25pm
jimiflan2 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimiflan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 12:11am
Originally posted by sootfoot5 sootfoot5 wrote:

so Jimi- did you ever come up with anything and get it onto your screen?

Yes, i did eventually get something down. I had three little vignettes within the perfume shop i wanted to write. (there was no way i could write a whole 1000 words of political satire with just one idea ), but when i got the first one down it came out at 922 words. so that was it. written hastily from 11pm to 1am. i managed to convince my wife to read it at 1am, and back to rough editing, submitted 2am, sleep 2.02am... I'd have liked some time to massage it into something more coherent, and perhaps be more original, and maybe even funny, but time was what it was...

we will see if anyone over the pond understands it, im sure londongirl will understand (and i think this is the same idea that she had earlier and was hawking it to anyone who asked).
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 1:43am
Is this some Tony Blair thing? I always liked him. It wasn't fair that the Brits got him and we got Bush. What a rip.

whoops, better watch my political talk in here. Some people might not like it.     
londongirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 2:16am
Originally posted by sootfoot5 sootfoot5 wrote:

Is this some Tony Blair thing? I always liked him. It wasn't fair that the Brits got him and we got Bush. What a rip.

whoops, better watch my political talk in here. Some people might not like it.     

No, not Tony Blair, I was thinking more diminutive European heads of state with an eye for the ladies ...

jimi - I didn't have any takers, so if your idea was the same as mine, you'll get full credit!
jimiflan2 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimiflan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 2:28am
Sootfoot - Tony Blair does get a mention
londongirl - Great idea! but no my idea was different, maybe it wasnt as obvious as i thought, im only worried that the political story will be lost on americans who might not have caught the scandal.
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 10:00am
I think perhaps Londongirl's idea has Italian flavor.    
londongirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 10:32am
Siete corretti, bella.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic