NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Congrats to the winners!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dralfonso2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Congrats to the winners!
    Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 7:07pm
Clap  Congrats to the winners!   Cheerios, dra

Edited by dralfonso2 - 08 Mar 2007 at 7:08pm
dave33079 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave33079 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 7:48pm
Ditto, I was bummed at first, but after looking at the other's in my heat I could see why. Congrats and good luck on the next round.
CarolynA View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarolynA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 12:23am
Congrats to the winners. Good luck on the next round!
Requiem View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 2:47am
Thanks, and congrats to the other finalists, and everyone who submitted a story.

I honestly didn't expect to make it through.
richke View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 4:00am
congrats to all...see you for the screenwriting comp.
Heat #18 - The Darkness Within   
http://www.richardthomaskeel.com/media/18_TheDarknessWithin.pdf
johnnyd View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 5:21am
congrats to all finalists and to all who participated. I know it's small consolation and I didn't read all of the posted scripts, but I'm quite surprised that Carolyn and dralfonso are sidelined for the finals.
"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw
zolatone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolatone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 5:55am
Give sorrow words;
the grief that does not speak;
whispers the oer-fraught heart
and bids it break.

...as you well know
2184pro View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2184pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 6:28am
Well, here we are. Congratulations to all. I took fourth place in Heat 12 for "7th Inning Stretch Mark." It's posted if anyone cares to give it a look.

I haven't read enough of the stories yet myself. I hope to read some more.
Check out my other videos. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=2184pro
Decker28 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decker28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 9:08am
I took 4th in heat 11...I'm a little bummed...I wanted to advance on... but...as I stated in my story post...this is my first attempt at a short story so I'm actually very happy with my placement...
I got 4th in my heat in the screenwriting challenge this summer...so...at least I'm consistently not the winner...LOL!!
BUT FOR REAL...CONGRATS TO ALL WHO MOVE ON! 

dralfonso2 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dralfonso2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 11:46am
Ouch Well, you know those judges...having a mind of their own!  I am so very glad I entered this contest, my first, and I'll be sure to do it again soon.  I got a great little story and I had fun performing it too -- hear it at: http://queeriosity.blogspot.com/2007/03/psychotic-americana_01.html   
Hours and hours of great fun... A big thanks! to all those who chose to share their stories.  This experience would not have been half as much fun, were it not for yous. 

I do wish I could read some of the winning entries, none of which were posted to the forum.  I found it interesting that I only recognized one of the stories that won a finalist flag. 

dra

Edited by dralfonso2 - 09 Mar 2007 at 1:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic