NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confidence is never a good sign

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by hyenalickn hyenalickn wrote:

I wouldn't say that I'm confident, but I am proud of my screenplay(s). This competition has made me write a spy and a suspense script, two genres I didn't really think I'd find myself writing, so I'm happy about that. I put my best foot forward and now it's time to let the cards fall where they may. I definitely have the butterflies, though. I woke up today and my first thought was "Today's the day...."

My thought of the morning, exactly. Today it is.
FFC C1 Hooked (15pts)
FFC C2 Tied Down
Sponsored Links
The #1 Writing Tool

Adite View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:37pm
I can say I was confident Spinkler and Tim would make it to the next round. And you guys did! Congrats! Clap I  was also confident I wouldn't make it to the top 5 and I didn't. But a Honorable Mention in a genre I know nothing about was pretty cool too. So, yay, me! Wink
Splinker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:30am
I was happy with my round 2 entry.  More so than my Round 1.  I am confident enough in my writing that I know when I have something that works, and when I have something that reads phoned in.  

My personal belief for most contests, however, is that you could write "The Godfather" and it's still a bit of a crap shoot.

Adite, thank you for your confidence and congratulations on the HM for a tough draw.  

D.H. Splinker
SSC R2: http://forums.nycmidnight.com/what-the-dog-saw-r2-h32_topic15856.html
https://tinyurl.com/SPIN-R1H32

lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Splinker Splinker wrote:

My personal belief for most contests, however, is that you could write "The Godfather" and it's still a bit of a crap shoot.

THIS. 1,000 times this.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic