NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHALLENGE THREE LOGLINES AND TEASERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:43am
Group 1, drama, a sandstorm, nachos

CONNECTIONS
A mother and her infant daughter are alone on a long and difficult journey. How can they make a connection with all flights grounded in a storm?

I've been trying not to throw up for the last half hour. Discovered my cover page hadn't saved to the .PDF from Final Draft. I stayed calm, fixed it in under a minute, and the wifi glitched. For 4 minutes. The complete one went through late.

I've emailed an explanation and the right file, saved before deadline, as my backup, and added a question with details to the forum, but I'm not going to let myself hope. I'd rather be surprised good than bad.

I'll be posting her regardless, although it seems I'm the only one here in my group. Again. Lol.
FF#1: First Case (Mystery) - 9pts

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
Sponsored Links

Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

Originally posted by Pigpen_NYC Pigpen_NYC wrote:

Horror + Plunger....oh the possibilities!

We worked out there could be five different plungers ... according to the internet ... toilet, coffee, syringe, dynamite and someone who places a huge bet.

I went for a coffee plunger ...

Same! Even set it in Coffee Town (Seattle).
MissKeister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:45am
I've been dying to read all of the loglines!!!!

Group 2

Fantasy/A wishing well/Banana bread

"The Gardener"

An old woman finds companionship in death incarnate.

Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:47am
Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

Group 1, drama, a sandstorm, nachos

CONNECTIONS
A mother and her infant daughter are alone on a long and difficult journey. How can they make a connection with all flights grounded in a storm?

I've been trying not to throw up for the last half hour. Discovered my cover page hadn't saved to the .PDF from Final Draft. I stayed calm, fixed it in under a minute, and the wifi glitched. For 4 minutes. The complete one went through late.

I've emailed an explanation and the right file, saved before deadline, as my backup, and added a question with details to the forum, but I'm not going to let myself hope. I'd rather be surprised good than bad.

I'll be posting her regardless, although it seems I'm the only one here in my group. Again. Lol.

Oh, C. Don't worry. I'm sure it will work out. You've written a lovely little story. You are the group! ;-)
someursault View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someursault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:49am

Group 6 - Horror/A newspaper printing press/A plunger

The Wilcox Printing Press

The world’s first Virtual Reality Haunted House celebrates its grand opening - and its first customer. 

Edited by someursault - 15 Jan 2018 at 12:51am
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 1:00am
Group 3 -- Romantic Comedy/A Medical Marijuana Dispensary/A Snail

A Jar of Tenacity

When the loss of their homes interrupts a couple's budding relationship, they find another way to connect -- in the display case of the local pot dispensary.

Evil Smile
SSC2018:
CH1 G25 Noble Rot-15 pts
CH2 Cultivar-14 pts
CH3 G2 Unbalanced Diet
tomsk View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tomsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 1:01am
Get Stuffed 

(Comedy, Hotel Conference Room, Skull)

A young Australian taxidermist is in the final round of the 'Young Stuffer of the Year' award.  She has to win or her mother will stop her carrying on with her passion, but her best specimen has gone missing and she needs to find it in time before the judges arrive.
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 1:03am
Originally posted by tomsk tomsk wrote:

Get Stuffed 

(Comedy, Hotel Conference Room, Skull)

A young Australian taxidermist is in the final round of the 'Young Stuffer of the Year' award.  She has to win or her mother will stop her carrying on with her passion, but her best specimen has gone missing and she needs to find it in time before the judges arrive.

This made me chuckle just reading it.
SSC2018:
CH1 G25 Noble Rot-15 pts
CH2 Cultivar-14 pts
CH3 G2 Unbalanced Diet
robcik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robcik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 1:25am
R3 Group 2

Fantasy, wishing well, banana bread

LAST WISHES

Deep into the Broken Lands, a noble dwarven knight is stalked by a selfish elven minister.  Both in search of the last wishing well, where it comes down to genuine need versus selfish desire.

...I can't tell you how much I hate doing loglines.

R

Edited by robcik - 15 Jan 2018 at 1:28am
robcik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robcik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 1:30am
A fellow group 2-er.  Good luck.

Regards,

Rob Kronitis
Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic