NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge 4 Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by jdadams1 jdadams1 wrote:

GERTIE GOLLY HELPS FOLKS OUT WITH STUFF 

A plucky and well-meaning teenage detective uses her wits and daring when armed assailants overrun her school field trip.
HOORAY for Gertie Golly! This was super during beta. Can’t wait to see how others receive it. Great job!
Sponsored Links

NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

Omnicia

The prospects for Omnicia, a struggling technology manufacturer, are no laughing matter. Yet.
You’d BETTER post this in the Forum, Tim. I’m dying to read the final version!!
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Be the Best

A mother and daughter recount the tale of why they created a charity with a multi-tool manufacturer.
You really struggled with this one, but I’ve gained a new respect for you. You stuck with it and you didn’t let your struggles drag you down. And in the end, you pulled it off. Great job Joni. Looking forward to seeing comments from the Forum. :)
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:54am
Originally posted by JeffreyHowe JeffreyHowe wrote:

Kickoff Meeting

A design team's lead expresses doubts about the flawed specs for their latest product.

It's a comedy. Mostly.
Probably the most unique script I’ve read in a long time, but I truly enjoyed it in beta and can’t wait to see the final version... and how others react to it. Awesome job, as always!
cheezopath View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cheezopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:55am
MAGUS

Commander Swiss must infiltrate the Kitagawa Capital Tower and discover the truth behind their dangerous financial technology before the global economy is brought to its knees.
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 12:13pm
LOL
SCOTT is there anyone you didn't Beta?
CH1 Screenplay: Little Bird (Suspense)
CH2 Short Story: The Sound Of Progress (Mystery)
jdadams1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdadams1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

Originally posted by jdadams1 jdadams1 wrote:

GERTIE GOLLY HELPS FOLKS OUT WITH STUFF 

A plucky and well-meaning teenage detective uses her wits and daring when armed assailants overrun her school field trip.
HOORAY for Gertie Golly! This was super during beta. Can’t wait to see how others receive it. Great job!

Thank you SO MUCH for all of your help with this one!!!
SSC3 - The Well-trained Thing in Constance's Dress

SC1 - Alejandro Cruz and His Planetary Pirates
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

LOL
SCOTT is there anyone you didn't Beta?
Let’s just say I was kept busy...
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

Be the Best

A mother and daughter recount the tale of why they created a charity with a multi-tool manufacturer.
You really struggled with this one, but I’ve gained a new respect for you. You stuck with it and you didn’t let your struggles drag you down. And in the end, you pulled it off. Great job Joni. Looking forward to seeing comments from the Forum. :)

Embarrassed aw thanks! It definitely drug me down at one point, but couldn't give up completely. I'm glad I was finally able to piece something together that I don't loathe like the first two efforts. Thanks so much for all you did this weekend!! You and Random are my saviors!
SSC R3 - Double Dog Dare
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 6:21pm

Embarrassed aw thanks! It definitely drug me down at one point, but couldn't give up completely. I'm glad I was finally able to piece something together that I don't loathe like the first two efforts. Thanks so much for all you did this weekend!! You and Random are my saviors!

Can't speak for anyone else, but all I did was throw ideas at the wall.  If one of them stuck it was all about your ability to envision a story that you found appealing.  It was your talent that got you into the finals in the first place.

The ability to bounce ideas off other people shouldn't be undervalued, but neither should that spark that makes you the writer you are.
This Sig Intentionally Blank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic