NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Challenge 2 Titles and Loglines!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge 2 Titles and Loglines!!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Message
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt
Avatar

Joined: 01 Nov 2010
Location: Castlemaine, OZ
Status: Offline
Points: 4619
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:54am

R2/G10 - SPY/A DESERT/A MACARON

THE MACARON CROQUEMBOUCHE



Agent Andre Renough is being sent into Syria under the cover as a
pastry chef for a special event. The unsuspecting Renough finds out
that he must actually produce the goods!







They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
rwalker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Status: Offline
Points: 258
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:58am
Group 27: Fantasy / A gold mine / A seesaw


Sun & Heir
An orphan Sun Elf and his sister stumble across a solution to fight their post-war oppression.



My first real time doing a Fantasy piece. I kept getting lost in world building and having to refocus to keep it 5-pages. 
Back to Top
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2017
Location: Missouri
Status: Offline
Points: 1332
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:


R2/G10 - SPY/A DESERT/A MACARON

THE MACARON CROQUEMBOUCHE



Agent Andre Renough is being sent into Syria under the cover as a
pastry chef for a special event. The unsuspecting Renough finds out
that he must actually produce the goods!








Best. Title. Ever.
SSC2018 CH1 G25 Noble Rot (Fairy Tale)-15 pts
SSC2018 CH2 G25 Cultivar (Horror)
Back to Top
jdadams1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jul 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 622
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdadams1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:00am
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

Originally posted by jdadams1 jdadams1 wrote:

Group: 39
Genre: Horror
Location: A surveillance van
Object: A map


EYES
In the mid-1980s, three unpopular high-school students wage a messy war against their tormentors when an otherworldly vessel shows them their classmates' most private secrets.


Immense thanks to my beta readers!

(I used annoying red font above because my piece has a IT/Stranger Things vibe Tongue )
YES! This title works way better than what I beta read! Good job!

I tend to like long, complicated titles, but since I was going for an IT/Stranger Things vibe (as noted above), I thought this was a good fit! Thanks again for beta-ing!
Back to Top
jdadams1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jul 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 622
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdadams1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:01am
Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

Originally posted by jdadams1 jdadams1 wrote:

Group: 39
Genre: Horror
Location: A surveillance van
Object: A map


EYES
In the mid-1980s, three unpopular high-school students wage a messy war against their tormentors when an otherworldly vessel shows them their classmates' most private secrets.


Immense thanks to my beta readers!

(I used annoying red font above because my piece has a IT/Stranger Things vibe Tongue )

Love the new title!!  

Thanks! It was almost too perfect once I thought of it!
Back to Top
tedsturge View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2018
Location: Anchorage, AK
Status: Offline
Points: 27
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedsturge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:21am
Group 20: Historical Fiction/A Bank/A Clothesline

"BELLE OF THE BALL"

A 1930's housewife finds herself at odds with a pair of FBI agents investigating a bank robbery. 



Not thrilled with the logline, and was admittedly freaked out when I got Historical Fiction...but I ended up really liking the final script!


Back to Top
dias View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 651
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:34am
Group 12: mystery/cul-de-sac/gingerbread house

A STUDY IN CINNAMON
In which a precocious gingerbread detective and his loyal elf sidekick investigate the curious case of Godfrey Crumble.

Possibly one of the most ridiculous things I’ve written here Smile


Edited by dias - 03 Dec 2018 at 1:53am
SSP 1:Fission (Spy)
SSP 2:A Study in Cinnamon (Mystery)
Back to Top
jdadams1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jul 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 622
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdadams1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:35am
Originally posted by tedsturge tedsturge wrote:

Group 20: Historical Fiction/A Bank/A Clothesline

"BELLE OF THE BALL"

A 1930's housewife finds herself at odds with a pair of FBI agents investigating a bank robbery. 



Not thrilled with the logline, and was admittedly freaked out when I got Historical Fiction...but I ended up really liking the final script!



I got historical fiction in the last Flash Fiction Challenge it and was very disappointed at first... but I ended up loving what I wrote. I think you just have to “make it your own” (true of any genre, I guess).

Your logline for Belle of the Ball looks good to me! It’s not snazzy, but it shouldn’t (necessarily) be. I think it’s functional, efficient, and tells me what I need to know. 
Back to Top
jdadams1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jul 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 622
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jdadams1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:36am
Originally posted by dias dias wrote:

Group 12: mystery/cul-de-sac/gingerbread house

A STUDY IN CINNAMON
In which a precocious gingerbread detective and his loyal elf sidekick investigate the curious case of Godfrey Crumble.

Possibly one of the most ridiculous things I’ve written here Smile

Delightful!
Back to Top
FMau View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2018
Location: Oxford
Status: Offline
Points: 274
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FMau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:41am
Comedy / supercenter / a pair of roller skates
Sporty, Ginger, Delicia and Dick

A single dad makes a stop on the way to a gig where,
with some reluctance, financial problems will see him
take to the stage. Little does he know that a sprinkling
of glamour and two pinches of spice can make such a
difference to Christmas.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.