NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge 1 Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 68>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Robert View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 6:18am
Originally posted by adamm adamm wrote:

first timer, very excited. hoped to see some group 65 members on here!
wrote this in 2 hours, between a closing and an opening shift, after dropping the original idea 1500 words in hahaDead but really enjoying it so far! Big smile

group 65: crime caper, a pawn shop, a caesar salad
title: Rose and Celia
synopsis: Celia is being interrogated for a crime committed in Rose's pawn shop.

I originally read your prompts as "capers, a prawn shop, and a caesar salad", and thought you had it easy... Smile
Sponsored Links

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 6:23am
Originally posted by Mumser Mumser wrote:

Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

86 Fantasy -  A costume shop - A poisonous mushroom

MAGIC IS THE GAME

When a world changes, but no one seems to notice?  Some may not want anyone to know.

Looking forward to this one Suave!

Thanks, if is any good I am going to have to say the two betas I had should get the credit.  I am not very knowledgeable on  magic or the names for all the practitioners - a quick google is no substitute for proper research.

Hallers View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hallers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Robert Robert wrote:

Originally posted by adamm adamm wrote:

first timer, very excited. hoped to see some group 65 members on here!
wrote this in 2 hours, between a closing and an opening shift, after dropping the original idea 1500 words in hahaDead but really enjoying it so far! Big smile

group 65: crime caper, a pawn shop, a caesar salad
title: Rose and Celia
synopsis: Celia is being interrogated for a crime committed in Rose's pawn shop.

I originally read your prompts as "capers, a prawn shop, and a caesar salad", and thought you had it easy... Smile

Haha. I also read 'prawn shop' Big smile
anomalie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote anomalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 6:50am
Group 123- Comedy, A space station, A surgical mask

This time in, in my last minute, over-cafienated stupor, I decided to write a synopsis of the back story and not actually the story... Hopefully this will not count against me. 

Astro-NOT

Karyn Walker worked hard to achieve her lifelong dream of becoming an astronaut, but never imagined that NASA wouldn’t be there when she got to Houston.

Lisa_Who View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lisa_Who Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:33am
Originally posted by TBMcKenzie TBMcKenzie wrote:

Originally posted by Lisa_Who Lisa_Who wrote:

Originally posted by TBMcKenzie TBMcKenzie wrote:

group 24: Fairytale/classroom/celery

The Last Lesson

After a king eradicates all magic in his kingdom, his children learn to trust reason over superstition. But when a class of history takes a strange turn, the heirs to the throne are taught a lesson their father should have remembered.

Good luck everyone. 

Heatmates!! :D oh, celery...the bane of my existence last weekend.

The blandest of all vegetables. Needs copious amounts of peanut butter to make it even bearable.

Also, is there a way to search forums like this for the heat numbers? I keep getting the error that searching for '24' is one character short of a full query. Story of my life, really.

T.

In our case, I just searched for "celery." b/c who the heck else was ever going to post "celery" except Heat 24? :D  But yeah, searching for the heat number is often fairly unsuccessful...
RebRas View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RebRas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:35am
Originally posted by anomalie anomalie wrote:

Group 123- Comedy, A space station, A surgical mask

This time in, in my last minute, over-cafienated stupor, I decided to write a synopsis of the back story and not actually the story... Hopefully this will not count against me. 

Astro-NOT

Karyn Walker worked hard to achieve her lifelong dream of becoming an astronaut, but never imagined that NASA wouldn’t be there when she got to Houston.

Glad to finally see another 123er! I'm excited to read your story and see where you took this ridiculous prompt. Tongue
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:43am
For anyone in the first sixty groups wondering if they have a heatmate yet...

Posting this on my phone, so if the link doesn't work, I can fix it when I get to work!
Flash 2019 CH1 GR3 Sew Out of Time (Sci-Fi)
Flash 2019 CH2 GR3 A Tale of Two Tails (Fantasy)
KenzieTheRaging View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenzieTheRaging Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:45am
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

For anyone in the first sixty groups wondering if they have a heatmate yet...

Posting this on my phone, so if the link doesn't work, I can fix it when I get to work!

Dang Steph, that must have taken a while to put together!
adamm View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:48am
i wish. could have written about little prawn criminals...Tongue
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:49am
For the second 1/2 list where are the folks from - 62, 71, 74, 75, 85, 95, 98?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 68>
  Share Topic