NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CH2 LOGLINES & TITLE TEASERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmedeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Pippo Pippo wrote:

Ghost Story - The South Pole - a Hamster

Crossing the Threshold

A troubled and disconsolate man volunteers for a posting to an abandoned Antarctic supply base, intent on taking his own life in icy solitude, but finds that he is not alone. 

I'm new to all of this - hope I've done this properly!  Have enjoyed reading the screenplays that others have posted and will try to get mine up for CH2 when the green light is given.Embarrassed

Ohhhhh. This sounds fabulous!
R1H78 - THE CHILDREN OF LIR
Writing is easy. You just open a vein and bleed.
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 7:10pm

Crossing the Threshold

A troubled and disconsolate man volunteers for a posting to an abandoned Antarctic supply base, intent on taking his own life in icy solitude, but finds that he is not alone. 

I'm new to all of this - hope I've done this properly!  Have enjoyed reading the screenplays that others have posted and will try to get mine up for CH2 when the green light is given.Embarrassed

The first thing that pops into the void that stands in for my noggin' is why someone would be posted to an abandoned station.  Those seem contradictory.

<edit>
Might as well say it; suicide tends to be a plot ender, at least for the character involved.  Your logline actually works just fine without that bit of information; <re-edit>oops...comma after base, but finds out he's not alone</re-edit>.  Never tell your audience anything they don't need to know until they need to know it.  His motivation for going to the station could be revealed as a turning point
</edit>

Otherwise, who could possibly not be intrigued by the possibilities allowed by the ghost of an abominable snow hamster?

Edited by Random - 12 Dec 2017 at 7:31pm
thesaura73 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesaura73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:46am
Grr...In making a placeholder topic for my round 2 entry, realized I used the word "never" twice in the logline! Really need to stop doing these last-minute...
SC R1 - Hothouse Flowers (Mystery)
SS Ch1 - A Curated Experience (Suspense)
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:00am

Crossing the Threshold

The thing I discovered from this round's prompt: two thirds of it was redundant. The Antarctic IS a ghost story. Looking forward to seeing yours!
Terri-Lyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terri-Lyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 6:50pm
Group 5 - Fairytale, waste water treatment facility, Frankfurter hot dog.

The Kingdoms of Yin and Yang

A magical amulet, a potion of happiness and love is all that is needed to conquer evil and reunite two destined lovers.

*I'm afraid that my last log line was too much and now this one might be too little..
https://forums.nycmidnight.com/ch1-g5-chain-of-accidents-suspense_topic16212.html
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Terri-Lyne Terri-Lyne wrote:

Group 5 - Fairytale, waste water treatment facility, Frankfurter hot dog.

The Kingdoms of Yin and Yang

A magical amulet, a potion of happiness and love is all that is needed to conquer evil and reunite two destined lovers.

*I'm afraid that my last log line was too much and now this one might be too little..

I like it.  Just enough to know what it's about, not enough ti figure out how you're going to get there.  It's like a Christmas present; wrapped up nicely without being obvious.  Makes the reader anticipate the story to come.

Of course knowing the prompt I have to wonder if the happiness potion looks like a frankfurter.  Miracle pills look like chocolate, so that's a real possibility.
J_Fox View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 9:50am
Group 26: Ghost story/The South Pole/A hamster

"Terror Nova"

In 1912, the second expedition to reach the South Pole discovers an unwelcome gift from the first -- a most unlikely specter of doom.
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 9:57am
Originally posted by J_Fox J_Fox wrote:

Group 26: Ghost story/The South Pole/A hamster

"Terror Nova"

In 1912, the second expedition to reach the South Pole discovers an unwelcome gift from the first -- a most unlikely specter of doom.

I knew it! 

Beneath the Revenge of the Return of the Bride of the Son of the Ghost of the Abominable Snow Hamster Strikes Again, Part 2, the Final Chapter Rides

I'm going to add this to my reading list for the flight home.  At five minutes a pop I figure I can get quite a few scripts read.

<edit>
Deleted the entry from the department of redundancy department's entry deletion.
Darn near palindromic, wasn't it?
</edit>

Edited by Random - 14 Dec 2017 at 10:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415