NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blake Snyder - "Save The Cat" author

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakkity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blake Snyder - "Save The Cat" author
    Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 6:15pm
Sad news: Screenwriter, best selling author, and all-around good guy Blake Snyder passed away this afternoon in Los Angeles.

Blake was a good friend, and one of the most generous, talented, and gracious souls ever to walk the earth--the man was incapable of being in a foul mood. He gave his all as a mentor/screenwriting guru, and celebrated our triumphs as if they were his own. In a way they were. I wouldn't be half the writer I am without Blake's guidance. Blake was always accessible; what other author posts his personal e-mail address in his book?

This is a sad evening in the screenwriting world.

You may pay your respects on Blake's FaceBook page or on his website at Blake Snyder
Sponsored Links

pdwood View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 1:49pm
    That's sad. I love his books.
lolita74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolita74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 2:16pm
I plan on reading his save the cat very soon. I've heard nothing but good things about it and him as well.
mreedoak View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mreedoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:06am
Very sad news.   Best wishes to his family.   I am currently reading his great book Save The Cat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic