NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best way to navigate forums?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best way to navigate forums?
    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:15am
I would like to read and participate more here, but i am finding it super kludgy to keep clicking next-next-next scrolling thru long topics, and wonder if i am just missing some obvious easier way to: log in, browse to see  which topics have new replies since I last logged in, and jump right to those new replies.

I do know I can follow an individual topic  but then I get deluged with emails every time someone posts in it. What i really want is to log in when i feel like it and easily eyeball what's new and jump to it. Is there a way to do what I want, or are you power users just more patient than I am navigating manually around to see what's new?
Sponsored Links

thesaura73 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesaura73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:32am
The New Posts link at the top of the page should help?
SC R1 - Hothouse Flowers (Mystery)
SS Ch1 - A Curated Experience (Suspense)
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 7:10am
It's fairly easy if you go to the home pages ie the Creative Corner or whatever it's called, as the threads with new posts have (Xnumber New Posts) after the name. Click n go. You can also crosscheck by looking at the hours of the most recent posts on the home pages and then work it from there - click to the page number you left off, on. Or do as thesaura73 suggest, but that's way too organised for me ;)

Edited by fioOxf - 28 Jan 2019 at 7:33am
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 11:18am
Yeah, as long as I'm logged in (and why wouldn't I be, I can't see the contest forums if I'm not) if there are new posts on a thread, the title is in bold and there is usually a (X new posts) parenthetical. If I click on the parenthetical it goes straight to the first new post. 
mimzee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:03pm
Thanks, everyone -- this is really helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic