NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bedfellows - Now an HD short!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterFilmmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bedfellows - Now an HD short!
    Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 2:21pm
Hey all --

For all those who write these shorts and think you can't go out and make them, here's proof you can!

"Bedfellows"

Please let others know if you like our trailer and become a fan of the film on Facebook. I'm proud to have been inspired by this contest to make a short that our cast and crew all feel an incredible sense of pride about.

I hope you'll be able to check out the full 15-minute film at film festival near you! We'll keep you updated...

Enjoy!
WF
=======
Cheers,
WriterFilmmaker - Director of "Bedfellows"
Sponsored Links

WriterFilmmaker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterFilmmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 1:04pm
Hey NYC Midnighters:

For those around the country, please check out our film Bedfellows on these dates at the following film festivals:

2010 Sarasota Film Festival - April 10 & April 18, Regal Cinemas Hollywood 20, Theatre 9
2010 Atlanta Film Festival - April 17 & April 21, Landmark Midtown Art Cinema
2010 Seattle International Film Festival - May 21-23rd, SIFF Cinema

To keep up with our screening dates, please follow us on Facebook and become a fan of the film!  And keep writing!!

=======
Cheers,
BoobTubeJunkie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoobTubeJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 6:46pm

Congrats WF!  I remember reading this and being impressed by not only the screenplay, but the passion you had to bring it to life.  Congrats on making it happen!

Check out my movie Saying Goodbye
erudited View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erudited Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 1:54am
I admire your passion and efforts, WF.  Proof that dreams really can come true.  Though not so ambitious as you, I recently had the honor of having garnered major interest for one of my feature length scripts by Russell Simmons.  Though it has been an arduous journey over the past ten months, I just received word that Mr. Simmons is in discussions with a particular actress for the lead role.  If she's in, then I'm told that the project is a go!  I anxiously await the intense meeting soon to come.  (Anyone know a good entertainment lawyer with a particular expertise in such matters?)  This rookie can't hold his breath much longer.:>)
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterFilmmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 8:04am
Thanks everyone!  Very excited to have all this going on for Bedfellows, and it's awesome to see other participants making it happen as well!

Our first reviews from The Atlanta Film Festival are rolling in already, where we were nominated for the Pink Peach Jury Award!

"Intuitive scoring and smart dialogue...This tender story speaks for itself."
-- DontLabelIt.com

"If the marriage montage in “Up” made you misty you’ll weep buckets at the gay equivalent, “Bedfellows” by Pierre Stefanos."
-- Steve Warren, TheGAVoice.com

We close out our run today, April 21st, in Atlanta at 4:35pm, so please check out the Gay Shorts program there!  It was easily my favorite of 4 screenings during the fest and the quality of these shorts makes me all the more proud to have been regarded so highly by critics and audiences alike!

Also, mark your calendars for screenings at The Seattle International Film Fest on May 23rd, as well as our California AND international premieres later this year!  More info to come!

=======
Cheers,
GreenWriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenWriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 12:27am
Hey WF, congrats on directing your own film! I watched the trailor and loved it. I don't know how much control you have over what festivals you take "Bedfellows" to, but I'm in Madison, WI, and it would be great if you brought it to the Sundance film festival in Madison or the Wisconsin film festival. I'd love to see it!
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterFilmmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:32pm
LOL - The Wisconsin Film Festival may have something to say about showing my film before I do, but one of my big supporters throughout the filming process graduated from Madison, so maybe he has an in for me!  :)

Stayed tuned for more screening info - we'll be out on the road for a while - or Like us on Facebook where we're updating more often!

Good luck in the contest!

=======
Cheers,
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterFilmmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 1:24am
Hey all --

Congrats to all of the winners of the various heats and further congrats if you were able to get your final round scripts done on time!  Having done it last year, I know it can be draining and difficult but well-worth it...

...as is evidenced by my own entry in last year's final round, "Bedfellows!"  Having completed a nice spring run at the Sarasota, Atlanta, and Seattle International Film Fests, we are heading into summer with FIVE more dates on the horizon!  Here they are:

* 2010 Breckenridge Festival of Film - June 11th @ 9pm, Backstage Theatre
* 2010 VisionFest @ TriBeCa Cinemas in NYC - June 24th @ 9:30pm, TriBeCa Cinemas
* 2010 Palm Springs International ShortFest - June 25th @ 7pm, Camelot Theatres
* 2010 Long Island International Film Expo - July 13th @ 7pm, Bellmore Movies
* 2010 Philadelphia QFest - July 15th @ 9:30pm, Ritz East 1

If you're not in one of those cities or states, fear not!  We have many more festivals to go!  If you know of any film fans in these cities, please let them know about "Bedfellows."  They can also keep up to date with our schedule of screen dates on our Facebook and YouTube sites.

Hope to see you at the movies - and keep writing!
WF
=======
Cheers,
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterFilmmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:01pm
Hey all --

I apologize for not being able to stop by more often and read scripts, but as you'll see, it's been a crazy year supporting my short film "Bedfellows," which originated as a script here in 2009!

After 90+ film festival Official Selections, and over 20 international jury and audience awards in just over a year (on 6 continents!), "Bedfellows" has been put on a DVD compilation released by First Run Features called FEST SELECTS: Best Gay Shorts, Vol. 1!

It's a collection of 8 short films that have played major festivals including Slamdance, OutFest, Hamptons Int'l, Austin Film Fest, Atlanta Film Fest, Independent Film Fest of Boston, Seattle Int'l, Palm Beach Int'l, Frameline, Palm Springs ShortFest, London Lesbian & Gay Film Fest, and festivals all over the world!  They go beyond just being niche content, so for who can't get to the top film festivals, or for those aspiring to make your own short films from a script you write, you will find more than a few shorts to enjoy!

The DVD is available now at Amazon, Best Buy, Tower RecordsTLAVideo, and other online retails, and available for rental on NetFlix as well, so please check it out!

And yet, "Bedfellows" is still tearing up the film fest circuit!  If you live in cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, Ft. Worth, Oklahoma City, Hartford, Park City, Minneapolis, Little Rock, "Bedfellows" will be playing near you.  If you live in Mumbai, Mexico City, Athens, Barcelona, Tel Aviv, or Lima, you are in luck as well!  Check out the list of fests - you can also always find updates to the schedule on the "Bedfellows" Facebook page!  I hope you can make it - and best of luck with everyone's script this year!

* 2011 MIX Mexico: Festival de Diversidad Sexual (5/11)
* 2011 Park City Film Music Festival (UT) (5/11)
* 2011 KASHISH: Mumbai International Queer Film Festival (India) (5/11)
* 2011 OutView: Athens International LGBT Film Festival (Greece) (5/11)
* 2011 Out Film Connecticut (Hartford, CT) (5/11)
* 2011 Out Twin Cities: Minneapolis/St. Paul LGBT Film Festival (6/11)
* 2011 Pride of the Ocean GLBT Film Festival on the High Seas (6/11)
* 2011 Q Cinema: Fort Worth's Gay & Lesbian International Film Festival (6/11)
* 2011 Little Rock Film Festival (6/11)
* 2011 Waterfront Film Festival (Saugatuck, MI) (6/11)
* 2011 deadCENTER Film Festival (Oklahoma City, OK) (6/11)
* 2011 International Short Film Festival Detmold (Germany) (6/11)
* 2011 Tel Aviv International LGBT Film Festival (6/11)
* 2011 NewFilmmakers Los Angeles (6/11)
* 2011 CINESLAM: Vermont's GLBT Liberation Short Films Festival (6/11)
* 2011 OutFest Peru (6/11)
* 2011 Festival del Mar: Internacional de Cine Gay y Lesbico de Balericos (6/11)
* 2011 FilmOut: San Diego LGBT Film Festival (8/11)
* 2011 Barcelona International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival (10/11)
=======
Cheers,
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterFilmmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:05pm
Oh, and GreenWriter, I actually did try to have it play at the Wisconsin FF this year, but like in all endeavors, I get rejected sometimes too.  :(  But keep your fingers crossed for a Milwaukee screening later in the year!
=======
Cheers,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic