NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad 100 word stories!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad 100 word stories!
    Posted: 17 May 2021 at 3:05am
Hi everyone! I'm brand new here,  so forgive me if this is completely overstepping the mark to suggest this...

I thought it would be fun to post here another attempt at your 100 word prompts,  but purposely write a really BAD 100 word story! Not only would it be fun, but also knowing what makes BAD writing helps us to know how to produce GOOD writing! 

What do you think? I'll have a go a bit later. 

Same rules apply as for the real thing. Must be 100 words or under, must be in the correct genre and must include the action and the word!

Edited by Katie - 17 May 2021 at 3:06am
Delilah Doe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delilah Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 5:20am
That's a great idea actually, I would love to have a go when I have finished work for the day!

Lila Smile

ladyofcats View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ladyofcats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 6:03am
This sounds fun! My prompt was:
G29: Action/Adventure / Hanging Laundry / Start

The Washerwoman

It was a sunny day, although not too sunny, just bright enough that you could kind of see the sun behind the clouds, which were quite large but also thin enough to see through them. The woman, who was named Gloria Angel Brigitte McManus, stood on the top of her ten-story brick building hanging out her laundry. First she hung the trousers, then the socks, then she started to hang out shirts but then realised she'd forgotten one pair of trousers, a checker-patterned tweed pair, so she went back and hung those up before proceeding with hanging the remaining shirts. 

Suddenly this man attacked her and they had a really intense fight but then she won in the end.

--------
Ok I'm at 119 words, but just went with that in the spirit of the challenge.

Edited by ladyofcats - 17 May 2021 at 6:04am
jasondenys View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote jasondenys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 6:12am
I'll play

Scifi jogging spill

Xlartec jiggled, the acrid sweat spilling from his pores like oil from a deep-fried sperkle-kitten. Jogging was a new passion he had adopted from the hoomans, and he did it a lot. Like daily.
His clan thought he was crazy as a snorfed shloontang. But he loved his new body. 
Suddenly, a zooga-lord attacked, diving like a mad sky-diver. 
Xlartec was too tired from jogging to fight. He died, horribly, wishing he'd taken up hooman kung-fu. 

Then he woke up. It was just a dream. 
Katie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 7:25am
Originally posted by ladyofcats ladyofcats wrote:

This sounds fun! My prompt was:
G29: Action/Adventure / Hanging Laundry / Start

The Washerwoman

It was a sunny day, although not too sunny, just bright enough that you could kind of see the sun behind the clouds, which were quite large but also thin enough to see through them. The woman, who was named Gloria Angel Brigitte McManus, stood on the top of her ten-story brick building hanging out her laundry. First she hung the trousers, then the socks, then she started to hang out shirts but then realised she'd forgotten one pair of trousers, a checker-patterned tweed pair, so she went back and hung those up before proceeding with hanging the remaining shirts. 

Suddenly this man attacked her and they had a really intense fight but then she won in the end.

--------
Ok I'm at 119 words, but just went with that in the spirit of the challenge.

Clap I laughed out loud at your extravagant waste of words! Bravo!!
Katie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 7:27am
Originally posted by jasondenys jasondenys wrote:

I'll play

Scifi jogging spill

Xlartec jiggled, the acrid sweat spilling from his pores like oil from a deep-fried sperkle-kitten. Jogging was a new passion he had adopted from the hoomans, and he did it a lot. Like daily.
His clan thought he was crazy as a snorfed shloontang. But he loved his new body. 
Xlartec was too tired from jogging to fight. He died, horribly, wishing he'd taken up hooman kung-fu. 

Love it! What a disappointing end!! "Diving like a mad sky-diver" was a terrible simile, well done!! Clap
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 7:51am
Great idea!!

My prompts were: Gr:54 Drama / bumping into someone / version.

Content Warning: VERY DRAMATIC

No Drama to be Found

“Stop being so dramatic,” her sister said.

“I’m not,” she answered.

“You are,” she responded.

“No, I’m not.” She screeched dramatically. “I hate you.”

“You’re a drama queen,” her sister replied, her voice dripping with drama.

Getting up with a dramatic flourish, Tragedia, which was her name, bumped into her Drama teacher as she ran hysterically and dramatically from the Greek Chorus Restaurant.

“Look what you’ve made me do,” he howled in a voice that could be considered dramatic. “I’ve dropped the new version of my dramedy MacDougall or, as it is better known, The Irish Play.” 

He sobbed dramatically.

LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:09am

Group 97 – Romantic Comedy, improvising, “comfort”

"Married All Along"

Two women walked into a bar. The first said “Ow.” The second recovered and went inside.

She approached the man at the piano. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, light brown skin, was 6’3”, and wayed about 200lbs. She smiled with full scarlet lips. “What is the song you’re improvising?” Said Darla.

“It’s called ‘Comfort,’” Hector said, in a romantically comedic tone.

Even though he was a stranger, she felt like she’d loved him forever.

The nursing home nurses watching them said “Aww. It’s so cute when they forget that they’re married.

Katie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Nimhathuna Nimhathuna wrote:

Great idea!!

My prompts were: Gr:54 Drama / bumping into someone / version.

Content Warning: VERY DRAMATIC

No Drama to be Found

“Stop being so dramatic,” her sister said.

“I’m not,” she answered.

“You are,” she responded.

“No, I’m not.” She screeched dramatically. “I hate you.”

“You’re a drama queen,” her sister replied, her voice dripping with drama.

Getting up with a dramatic flourish, Tragedia, which was her name, bumped into her Drama teacher as she ran hysterically and dramatically from the Greek Chorus Restaurant.

“Look what you’ve made me do,” he howled in a voice that could be considered dramatic. “I’ve dropped the new version of my dramedy MacDougall or, as it is better known, The Irish Play.” 

He sobbed dramatically.

Excellent!! Tragedia!! LOL nicely over-done. 👌🏻 "hysterically AND dramatically" is a very nice touch! 
Think I'd better get to work on mine now!

Edited by Katie - 17 May 2021 at 8:17am
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:15am
Originally posted by ladyofcats ladyofcats wrote:

The Washerwoman

Glad you included those vital scene-setting details! Fantastic.

Originally posted by jasondenys jasondenys wrote:

WHAT A TWIST! And they say you can't do good sci fi worldbuilding in microfiction.

Originally posted by nimhathuna nimhathuna wrote:

He sobbed dramatically.

Hmm, I'm preeeetty sure you nailed the genre there, but you might want to punch up the drama some more just in case.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>