NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anyone submitted yet ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnGP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone submitted yet ?
    Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 5:22pm
Well,  I have tried my first ever piece of short screen writing  (wow and I thought normal screen writing was hard)

Had an interesting take because my romance (the genre) didnt quite go to plan so it ended up being a little bit more of a romantic thriller   lol  oopsie  my bad 

good luck everyone 
AmIRightOrAmIWrite View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmIRightOrAmIWrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 5:30pm
Yup, in and done.  I know how you feel, I had "Mystery" and it turned into more of a "Mystery/Thriller".  Can't wait to read yours.  Congrats!!!
Pigpen_NYC View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pigpen_NYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:11pm
I just submitted mine.  Drew romance as well.  Would've loved to put a spin on it but between Halloween and the World Series I had a hard time thinking up something and little time to concentrate.  Just ask my wife - romance is not my forte.  My first attempt at writing in the genre.

Judging is very subjective but they say they like to see creative spins, so a romantic thriller isn't "your bad".  It may very well be refreshing.

Last year was my first year in this contest and my first attempts at short screen writing.  I think it is so much harder than full length. 

Best of luck to you!  I hope that you post it in the Forum for feedback.  The community is very supportive and provides excellent comments.
hallie9 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallie9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 7:11pm
I had to submit early cause I had to be away from my computer tonight for a show I'm directing. Sent it in about 1pm. Already thought of 2 things I wish I'd changed.

Leisl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leisl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 9:32pm
I submitted this morning,  with eight hours spare til deadline. I thought I'd be up the second in submitting! I scored a ghost story, which I didn't even realise was a 'genre' in its own, I'd always classed them as horrors. Fingers crossed, I made it as creepy as I could.
doovidooves View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doovidooves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 9:59pm
Signed, sealed, and delivered. A little earlier than usual for me too! To think, I could have procrastinated for an extra two hours.
JaineNEira View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaineNEira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:08pm
I'm just killing time till the clock ticks down. Hate to submit early in case of regrets like Hall...9 (my screen has a crack).
Also scored romance - my worst genre aside from comedy. Stories about love are just so hard to make visually interesting. And in only 5 pages! The 5 page limit is a nightmare. Arbitrarily I'd be okay with 7, but 5...?!
Leisl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leisl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:12pm
5 pages felt impossible to me! My last short came in at ten and even that felt bare bones. I kept freaking out at Pg 4 multiple times. That finally I wrote the final scene at the bottom of page five and then barreled through until I hit it. 

Hoorah for Melbournites btw! Am also living in Melbs.
JaineNEira View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaineNEira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:17pm
There's more of us all the time :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic