NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone for the 3 Day?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:59pm
Yay! I've sent you a PM.
ch 1      She was perfect
Sponsored Links

Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:31am
Originally posted by catrad catrad wrote:

Yay! I've sent you a PM.

YAY! Thank you! I'm so excited!! PartyThumbs Up
https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic23338_post296109.html#296109 <--- CH2 flash link
Charlie72 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

Hey, guys, I want to take back what I said about the 3-day novel people. They replied to my email today, apologized for the delay, and answered my questions in a nice manner. Woo hoo.... I think I'm going to do this!! I must outline, I must ouline. (I accidentally typed "outlive".... yeah, I hope we all survive it!) Great luck to all who participate!! Smile

I’m still waiting for a response from them.  I’m still not sure if I’ll do it even if I do get the response, but I’m now in the position you were in before.  
Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Charlie72 Charlie72 wrote:

I’m still waiting for a response from them.  I’m still not sure if I’ll do it even if I do get the response, but I’m now in the position you were in before.  

Shocked Wow, they need to hire a PR firm or something. It's impossible not to draw bad conclusions when this sort of thing keeps happening to everyone. I can't even understand the issue, since internet communication is so easy in this day and age. 

Keep us posted on both things--if you hear back, and if you're going to compete!! 

https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic23338_post296109.html#296109 <--- CH2 flash link
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 3:31pm
Hey, Charlie72, come on, sign up. I signed up on the last day of the lower fee and if an old lady like me can do it, you young whippersnappers can do it. Hope I don’t have a stroke doing this but hey, a gal has to go sometime!

I wrote them a question several weeks back and they never answered but guess what?  I’m not worried. This comp has been around since the ‘70s. Besides, I doubt I win. But I have had 2 novels half done forever, so by starting this one and doing it in 3 days I will at least have something FINISHED. Well, not finished, because no matter what it will need work. But at least something that has an ending written. And there are loads of opportunities for novellas right now. So it is worth it to me as a motivational thing. And who knows?  Maybe I will win!

Good luck to all of you!  Soot. PS. Besides Charlie, as good as you write, YOU might win!  Sign up!  
Charlie72 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by sootfoot5 sootfoot5 wrote:

Hey, Charlie72, come on, sign up. I signed up on the last day of the lower fee and if an old lady like me can do it, you young whippersnappers can do it. Hope I don’t have a stroke doing this but hey, a gal has to go sometime!

Oh, heck, I’m doing it.  I think I was finally successful in signing up.  Gulp.
Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 12:02am
Woo hoo!! 

Oh, wait, I'd better sign up myself. I haven't done that yet! Shocked
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 12:12am
well, won't Catrad be surprised when she comes back!

catrad View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 8:38am
Sootfoot, Charlie, I'm so excited. And no it's not misery loves company! This is my favorite time of this year. I have to go to work now, but will PM each of you later.
ch 1      She was perfect
Phobos View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phobos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:43am
I don't think I could participate in a 3-day contest with no prompts to keep people honest.  The rules even suggest outlining to make things smoother and that kind of defeats the purpose of having a 3-day contest.  Like ... I could start now, wait a year or two, and have a 20-page "outline" for my 3-day contest.  Yah, I still have to write the sentences, but humans have impeccable capacity for memory and it's likely possible I've written the full novella or imagined its scenes a thousand times by then.  

Sorry ... flash fiction is a lot more fun because no one can start until the timer starts.  

I don't care what outline you have, you can't pigeon hole it into the absolutely bizarre combinations a RNG produced prompt can provide.
Fear is a powerful motivator. To some, it is a god.
FFC19 R1C1: G63 Cold Feet
FFC19 R1C2: G63 When Jenny Woke Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic